Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
This maybe a stupid question..... >

This maybe a stupid question.....

Notices

This maybe a stupid question.....

Old 07-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: This maybe a stupid question.....

So, You got disappointing news about OSS and wont run with them but lets all get together and support SBI in NYC. I don't know or care what the news was but it just sound funny after your opening post. I'm local and if we dont have a OSS race I would be willing to race in P class if Im a loud! Would you have to pay annual fee's or just race entry fee's?
MD
Old 07-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Registered

SVL4,

So you understand, for this sport to grow and get the sponsors that everone want's and the prize money and tv everyone wants...we as racers are going to have to either race as one or race both Organizations. I don't claim I know the answer to it all...but it dose not take a genius to look back over the last 10 or so years to see...when has Offshore racing every had it as everyone is saying this is what we want?
Have others tried to start new racing Organizations and have they worked....did they land the big name series sponsor or sponsors it takes and set schedules not only to pay the bills and racers but to help teams get sponsors by using there big name in persuring team sponsors....
So you know...I was going to support both Organizations and stay out of all the political BS and as I will still...but anybody can sit here and say they are doing what's best for the sport and the racers....and if you follow the politics and BS..that is just a joke....If the Organizations can land a big name series sponsor with 28-45 boats...good luck...but the passed says different. So for the 80%+ teams..prepared to continue to dig into your own pockets...
But in the mean time lets not forget...we are all racers and have bills to pay, we all put the same on the line as the next team...
So to have certain teams not have to pay fee's and some getting special treatment and others don't....dose not say to me we are watching out for the racers...and to have secret conversations on who will recieve this treatment is just going back to the politcal BS.....and lets see if we can buy some boats to get the count up....it tells me that some teams are not as important as other....and thats good for the sport?
Any race team should not have to worrie if they are getting screw or different treatment...if your going to do things like this....great...at least make it puplic so the racers can see whats going on....not here it from non-racers....that's all.

As far as what I started....I asked if both sides can sit down and see if we can see what this sport can be if we joined forces...and again...it dosn't take a genius to figure out it would be great for the racers, the sport,the sponsors, and the city.....
So...I answered iou's question...don't take it personally...its just the truth...something that if all racers and Organizations did...this sport would be a little bit better....
As far as if you have to pay fee's...call John C.
I tought that since the racers make the decisions in OSS, that maybe you can all take a vote on talking to SBI/APBA

Last edited by MANITIE; 07-24-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Gino, It's Randy. I posted under SVL4 by mistake again,sorry.
In reference to your post that people are being miss lead by OSS is wrong! Im sure you are referring to cat outboard getting special registration fees this year. There were no secretes among st the OSS members as to what they were doing and EVERYONE that is a OSS member is OK with what they have done. If you are not a OSS member then why would they need to make it a public statement?
MD
Old 07-23-2005, 04:59 PM
oui
Registered

OK, let's plan to do something in NY, we'll have a little more time than the one coming up this weekend. I'm sorry you won't be at the race, St. Clair simply is a great place for fans and racer's alike.

The idea of getting everybody to the table to join forces can only be to the good of the sport. There's gotta be a way it'll work for everybody!
Old 07-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Registered

Hey Randy....not to get off subject...
I'm a racers just like everyone else...If OSS racers are happy making exceptions for certain class's...that's fine...But there are other racers out there, and again you just as myself and others would like to know if all racers are paying the same...thats why every Organizations post fee's in there handbook...I was just responding to oui why I decided not to do St. Clair.
We as racers really should be all treated as equals...and its only my view, no one elses..
Now back to what I hope we all can be involved in...
Is there any chance the OSS teams would even entertain what I wrote on the first post...
either way...hope you make it to the N.Y. C city race....
Good luck in St. Clair

Last edited by MANITIE; 07-23-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Registered

oui

I have a meeting on Wed. with the C.G. I will pass on what your trying to do...That will be a great thing if you can get it together...let me know if you need anything from us..

Thanks,
Gino
Old 07-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
Randy,

How serious are you about NYC? I'll pick up your registration for the race and your annual equipment fee for the class of your choice. Of course this is "if" SBI will let you race. If you don't finish, you pay me back. If you win your class, I'll throw in another $1000 to the chairy of your choice on you behalf. Here it is in writing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmmm....that sounds like a familiar offer. ring a bell????
Old 07-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Registered

Your on Mark! Clear it with John C. and I don't see a problem with it. Let me know tomorrow so I can make arrangements.
MD
Old 07-24-2005, 08:55 AM
Registered

Mark,

That's a cool thing for you to do...and Randy for excepting...
Maybe sometimes we have to lead by example...

Randy...if you guys put this together...my team has a little something for you guys....( and its a good thing )
Old 07-24-2005, 09:25 AM
Registered

Is that you Gino? Or is it the dog typing again?
MD

Quick Reply: This maybe a stupid question.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.