Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
This maybe a stupid question..... >

This maybe a stupid question.....

Notices

This maybe a stupid question.....

Old 07-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question This maybe a stupid question.....

I might be ticking off both Organizations with this question,but its all in good faith....

Since I heard that OSS will not be racing in Milwaukee in Sept. and I don't know if they already have a backup venue yet...but...What about everyone putting down the hatches for one weekend and see if we all could race together for one race weekend in N.Y. City over the Sept 11 weekend. No agenda's, no ego's, no nothing...but put on a show for N.Y. for a very important weekend in memorie of 9/11. We have a number of events scheduled for that weekend with the Coast Guard and Home Land Security that will be getting a lot of National exposure. Its the one weekend that will not conflict with both Organizations.....the OSS teams have already planned to race that month so no added equipment failures cost. and most important to see what Offshore racing would be like with 6 or 7 class's having 10+boats racing and even a 20+ boat count in SV.
Screw the bragging rights...and all the BS and problems for one weekend....maybe just put on the biggest Offshore event in N.Y. history and were we all just show up, one time and just shake each others hands in respected and show some respect to the people in N.Y.

This is not to start who's at fault or what Organizations won't agree....no finger pointing...just...is there any chance the people like the Paul W, Bob B, Elane M, John C, the OSS Board, Pop, Dave S, Gary N. the people who are very respected to have just one conversation to see if its even feasible to be done.....

.....and I think you would see there would be a lot of racers, sponsors and fans that would really appreciate all your efforts in seeing it happen...

Just a thought.....Sorry if anyone is offended by the idea....

I even used the spell check for the first time since joining OSO...If I could do something different this one time, maybe we all can do this one time...

Last edited by MANITIE; 07-15-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:04 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Re: This maybe a stupid question.....

It sure looks good on paper Manitie!

That would be some event....

But I recall maybe last year, they actually had a 40 boat Maximum Limit on the NY race?

Does anyone know if this still stands for this year?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Registered

Default Re: This maybe a stupid question.....

Sharkey....I don't know if it still the same as last year.....I would think it would have been already put out for the 1st 40 boats to register so teams would have not made plans to show....even if that's the case....It would be good to see if the idea was even something that both sides would even consider being that a lot of money could be raised and presented by all, SBI/APBA and OSS to a great cause.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:14 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

You would hope so!
I haven't heard any mention of it this year. But I believe it was a security issue that was the reason they had a cap on the number of boats allowed to race.
Maybe someone can fill us in for this year's event?

Old 07-16-2005, 07:41 AM
VIP Member

That's a tough one Gino, With all the security in NY there were no helicopters allowed in the air. All medical was in the water. I believe that was the real reason for a limited boat count. With all those boats in the Hudson, I think it would tough. Plus I think you can ask anyone who has raced there, hardest water to read and run in. I'll take 6-8 Jersey water any day, at least it is consistant. But what a backdrop for Offshore. Smitty
Old 07-16-2005, 08:06 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

I think your right Smitty! Do you know if it is the same for this year?

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 07-17-2005 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:08 AM
glenn murray
Platinum Member

last week I flew over NY in a private plane last year it was restricted I'ts worth a call hope this helps
Old 07-16-2005, 09:11 AM
Registered

Hey Smitty.....I know it would be tough with no helo's...but with it being a big event for the Coast Guard and having the Home Land Security guys being a big part of what we have planned....maybe we could have a large number of rescue boats on the stright aways....We are scheduling a Admiral to attend so we may have a lot of pull to what's needed to be done for everyone to be happy with the safety issuse....
If that was the only issue I would be more than happy to go to DC and see what could be done....

Last edited by MANITIE; 07-16-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:06 PM
oui
Registered

Gino, how did you make out on that video promo, we're still workin' on donating the use of 6-8 60 inch plazmas for the race only if I can hook-up with the BWORA people on locations and not step on any toes along the way either.....we also can do some of the same in NY seeing that we have an office there on Madison Ave......if not in St. Clair maybe we can do something for the New York Race!
Old 07-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Registered

oui,

I sat down with the Coast Guard around two weeks ago....they had no problem with that, but after hearing some disappointing news about OSS, I have decided a couple of weeks ago not to attend.
As far as N.Y. City....Yes, let me know what you can do...this will be a huge weekend for us and promoting the C.G. If you can let me know as soon as possible...

Thanks for the assistance

Gino

Quick Reply: This maybe a stupid question.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.