revised qualification for 2005 K.W. worlds >

revised qualification for 2005 K.W. worlds

Notices

revised qualification for 2005 K.W. worlds

Old 10-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: revised qualification for 2005 K.W. worlds

I'll say it one more time so everyone is clear, IT IS NOT A RULE CHANGE it was just information as Gino said from the rule book. The question was asked by RACERS SBI board reviewed all the info. at posted a clarification on the SBI WEB. SITE for the racers so it would be crystal clear how the rule reads. This was done within a few days on the teams original reqeust , and it was also talked about in the drivers meeting in Deerfield. KB said the clarification would be posted by the middle of this week and I applaud them for replying so quickly. So it wasn't just posted for no reason it was done as per the request of numerous teams!!! It is SBI and KB job to follow up and all request and reply ASAP ... well done Kevin thank you for continuing to do such a great job this year.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK so its not a rule change. Whoopty freakin Doo!!!!

Why wasnt it stated, early in the season, that if any team had 3 starts in KW last year, they were already qualified to run this year, and were not required to run two SBI races? It would have avoided a whole bunch of battles and arguments.

no matter how you sugar coat it, it still stinks.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KLAATU
More positive thinking .
I doubt that running the Key West race is an option for Bruce anyways...... remember his boat has a WHM on it.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Registered

Having WHM on it dont mean nothing when everyone was making it a big deal in the begining of the season about oss teams and opa teams needing two sbi starts this should have been brought up not a month before and trying to get teams to key west,
FRANK IF THE RULE WAS SO CRYSTAL CLEAR U SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING IN THE BEGGING, NOT STRESSED THE SUBJECT OF TWO STARTS
Old 10-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Registered

Having WHM means everything... unless the differences between Sbi and Oss are finally put to bed. I dont think that Billy would be all too happy about one his boats running Key west unless all of the OSS boats could run Key West. Thats not a slight to Billy, just a fact.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Registered

yea everyone is welcome now, were was that invite a months ago
Old 10-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,735 Likes on 3,794 Posts

OSS is commited to St. Pete, this is where thier worlds will be!!!
its a fact, while KW is the holy grail of offshore. Certain people wanted everything thier way. Now they have to live by thier actions, as the rest of us bicker of his/thier actions. this isnt just about racers, its about the sport and those that choose to follow it. One organzation is run by one man, the other by a group. it is up to you the racer, you the fan, you the money spender where you will go. fans decide thier vacations surrounding the worlds and what it could offer. The sport of Offshore racing will change even more next year with people like John Haggin having positive impact on the sport. Having a nationaly recognised sponsor behind the sport will give it a tremendous boost, as will National exposure.
but this year the Offshore world will be in St. pete and KW. like it or not!
Old 10-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete B
OSS is commited to St. Pete, this is where thier worlds will be!!!
its a fact, while KW is the holy grail of offshore. Certain people wanted everything thier way. Now they have to live by thier actions, as the rest of us bicker of his/thier actions. this isnt just about racers, its about the sport and those that choose to follow it. One organzation is run by one man, the other by a group. it is up to you the racer, you the fan, you the money spender where you will go. fans decide thier vacations surrounding the worlds and what it could offer. The sport of Offshore racing will change even more next year with people like John Haggin having positive impact on the sport. Having a nationaly recognised sponsor behind the sport will give it a tremendous boost, as will National exposure.
but this year the Offshore world will be in St. pete and KW. like it or not!
You sure you didnt taste the kool aide????
Old 10-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

I dont speak for OSS, but they are a commited group of Offshore Racers, that wont be strong armed, into something that doesnt benefit the whole group. If they only have 30 boats racing in 5 classes, thats what it will be.
they wont have to worry about lawsuits, slander, he said /she said. its my ballgame you dont like it hit the road. the only ones that are losing out are the fans that like to see the big cats race thru the harbor, or the fans that waited til the end of the season to buy their Mercury apparel. and well I guess some of the hotels will lose out, maybe one or two beers wont be sold, (i doubt it though). just remember 2006 is a new year.
and as the prop turns. it will continue.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

[QUOTE]They want to be here as much as I /we want them to be

I think they will be happy for what St.pete has in store for them.

as well as the 2006 season.

Quick Reply: revised qualification for 2005 K.W. worlds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.