THAT GIRL has spoken! #37 >

THAT GIRL has spoken! #37

Notices

THAT GIRL has spoken! #37

Old 05-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: THAT GIRL has spoken! #37

I thought there was a rule that stated, For a propeller to be legal it had to be available to all racers within a given time frame. I believe Herring has been doing this to racers for some time now. The problem is so many people have already invested lots of money in props and set up that it would make it hard to ban them.
On the bright side of things look for Throttle Up Propellers to be making its mark on customer relations with proven performance. We have found that a good lab job with a Hydromotive gives the same results if not better.
The bottom line is that its not fair for others to have something that you want and cant get! You placed your order long ago Lisa and now you don't have props Take it up with your class rep and have a meeting with the other teams. If they don't want to share there props then I would have a problem as well.
Good luck
MD
Old 05-03-2006, 05:00 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Re: THAT GIRL has spoken! #37

Bruce,

Anything in this range ? 16 x 38, 39 or 40 pitch

Need ASAP!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim..its gonna be a while before they have props available to the public. But when they do, look for some really good things.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile Re: THAT GIRL has spoken! #37

Granted we only offer Mercury Castings as new material. We only have 5 blade offerings to 36 inches of pitch. However, we have 33 years of experience working with them. We know how to make them run. Not trying to make a sales pitch, just offering a alternative if anybody is stuck without other ways to turn.

Thanks and check us out at www.bblades.com

Best of luck in your quest and on a great season.

Keep your eyes and ears open for new things around the corner!

Last edited by bbladesprops; 05-03-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are great... I have spoken to my class rep in OSS many times, and OSS board and several others prior to this last discussion. I have the invoice, cell numbers, phone records of calls dialed, and also have Martin Sanborn as my side kick who placed the order in February with CC. So I guess something should be done to help the little TEAMS . Thanks to all who called and offered help. This girl wont give up, call me what you want, but the system must be revised or adhered to to play fair. I just want to play in the sand box fair! "THAT GIRL" Hey, at least I have a new marketing campaign, that girl who races...that girl cant get props,,, that girl wont give up,, that girl WILL win a checkered flag in 2006!! Smitty,thanks if you can come through for me. It would be nice to run side by side again...
Old 05-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Granted we only offer Mercury Castings as new material. We only have 5 blade offerings to 36 inches of pitch. However, we have 33 years of experience working with them. We know how to make them run. Not trying to make a sales pitch, just offering a alternative if anybody is stuck without other ways to turn.

Thanks and check us out at www.bblades.com

Best of luck in your quest and on a great season.

Keep your eyes and ears open for new things around the corner!

"that girl"....stay on em!!!

Brett,

Your work is incredible, Were proud to have your company's logo on the new AMF Turbine Platinum.

Marc
Old 05-04-2006, 05:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I thought there was a rule that stated, For a propeller to be legal it had to be available to all racers within a given time frame. I believe Herring has been doing this to racers for some time now. The problem is so many people have already invested lots of money in props and set up that it would make it hard to ban them.
On the bright side of things look for Throttle Up Propellers to be making its mark on customer relations with proven performance. We have found that a good lab job with a Hydromotive gives the same results if not better.
The bottom line is that its not fair for others to have something that you want and cant get! You placed your order long ago Lisa and now you don't have props Take it up with your class rep and have a meeting with the other teams. If they don't want to share there props then I would have a problem as well.
Good luck
MD

According to the OSS Technical Rules "Propellers must be intended for sale to the public at commercially reasonable prices. Propellers must be available to all racers within 6 weeks." If that is not the case, then OSS racers should document their cases (dated orders etc.) and file a formal protest through their class reps (who are also directors on the OSS Board) If it is found that equipment manufacturers violate that rule, their equipemnt could be found illegal.

Also according to the OSS Technical Ruies, "a.Propellers must be of the type approved by OSS. b. Manufactures may apply to OSS for approval." The Technical Rules specify which props are legal in which class. If other manufacturers want to race their props, then they should seek approval as early as possible. A good avenue would be to seek approval on a class level. If an OSS class decides by formal vote on a technical rule, such as the admittance of a propeller, then the rule will be offficial if approved by the board. Nearly all changes in the OSS Technical Rules originate on a class level.

Last edited by TheBS; 05-04-2006 at 05:31 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lisa,

This is an industry wide problem within the high performance prop industry. Let's say you ban Hering props. You are now left with Hydromotive and Mercury props. It wouldn't be long before Hydromotive could not keep up with the orders and those would be banned. Then we would be left with Mercury.
While Mercury was fumbling with getting a 5 blade prop on the market we, and other shops, were working on 6 blade props. Unfortunately Mercury has dropped the ball in High performance offshore props and you would be stuck running Bravos' and Maximus props. Neither of which have the performance capabilities of some of the other high performance props on the market.

I don't know what the answer is, just my observation of the problem.

By the way, go get em this weekend!!!!!!

Matt
Old 05-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This leads to the obvious question of -

Which teams do have the desired Hering props?
Old 05-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

SBI Fountain boats?????
MD

Quick Reply: THAT GIRL has spoken! #37

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.