Notices

What does it take?

Old 10-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Rick, I didn't realize you were a kart guy too!
Please don't take the "wanna-be" as derogatory, it was meant to be descriptive.

I am also a Kart guy, won the IKF TaG Enduro Road Racing Grand National Championship last year (in my first year of karting). I have also raced stock cars, sprint cars and midgets. In fact I have a midget ride with the BCRA for 2008.

Road racing karts is a blast, the big tracks like Infineon and Buttonwillow are awesome.

Rick
Old 10-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Registered

Nope, no offense taken!

I'm too, um large... to do any sprint racing, so all my actual kart racing has been road racing (although I've got a lot of fun time at Moran, Adams, kart Willow, etc.). I'm dying to get up to Sears for the Thanksgiving race some time. I've got too many laps around Buttonwillow and Willow springs in IT cars... Hey do you know Troy Shooter? He's a real good buddy and until I switched to the Swedetech ICC stuff, he was doing my motors (basically a Darcy copy).

My post (to get it back on track and stop the hi-jack) was really intended to clarify (and further broadcast) what I was looking for for the 2008 season. I nearly bought a race boat earlier this year (but was waiting for my AS Camaro to sell), but owning and running my own race boat doesn't really make sense for me right now. I would like to get back into competion again and I'm hoping this turns out to be a viable way to do so.

Looking forward to staying in touch and meeting in person some time soon!

Sean
Old 10-31-2007, 08:38 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flashwave
Any of these boats can show up and race. To show up and win however, they need new power. It's all about torque now. Big HP, Big torque, 0 to 74.9 and not a 1/10 over. So although the boats may be inexpensive, the new engines won't be. These are good entry level boats.
I disagree, partially. Torque is important, but what is more important is maximizing your advantages and minimizing the negatives of your boat and skill set. I have been in better boats and got beat badly by much better teams. Also I can tell you that the bat boat with only a 377 Scorpion has more than enough power to win in either C5 or C6 because it weighs 1/2 of what the traditional hulls do and it will turn better than any of them. Add a canopy and some ballz and you will win.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Add a canopy and some ballz and you will win.
I think we have both, well I know we have a canopy.

Unfortunately the only way you really find out if you have balls is the hard way.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by ryoung99
I think we have both, well I know we have a canopy.

Unfortunately the only way you really find out if you have balls is the hard way.

Like When you get kicked in them
Old 10-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
Like When you get kicked in them
I was thinking more on the lines of when you flip the boat and they finally pull it out of the water the sticks are still WOT.