Best Cat design Mike Peters?

Notices

Best Cat design Mike Peters?

Old 07-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Yeah density and weight...where's that 36' triple engine 146mph boat you built?

The last I knew someone cut it down both ways to 32 feet trying to make the new (then) "S" Class Rules But also I heard they flipped it in a race Later on BTW I warned them it was a 15 year old boat and what they were doing was too be quite honest very Stupid.

A guy came to me around this time for 10 meter drawings but when he added his money on top of mine the Arabs rejected it. The 10 Meter Model 8 boat (there were only 8 Cheetahcats) we ran in Kuwait was a offshoot of that..

Ok Yeah Cat you ever work out one of these boats on paper?? You should try it sometime and have it work the very first time.I like to watch "Experts" !!

Last edited by Steve 1; 07-12-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok Yeah Cat you ever work out one of these boats on paper?? You should try it sometime and have it work the very first time.I like to watch "Experts" !!

I'm not a boat designer, I can only draw stick figures.

I received some emails about your claimed speed. Suffice it to say none of them believed you.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando

I'm not a boat designer, I can only draw stick figures.

I received some emails about your claimed speed. Suffice it to say none of them believed you.

Well Good for them Mr Cat, I am sure they were designing and building “honest” designs of their very own Cat 19 years ago, Oh @ 488 Kg for a 36 foot Offshore Cat , I can do better now days also since we are touching Ego.. Regards
Old 07-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Well Good for them Mr Cat, I am sure they were designing and building “honest” designs of their very own Cat 19 years ago, Oh @ 488 Kg for a 36 foot Offshore Cat , I can do better now days also since we are touching Ego.. Regards
I watched that video of your cat running away from the others. I assume that class has a minimum weight, so if your boat was at or just above that weight, with class power, it was a remarkable display of speed. Whether the boat ran 146 as you claim, I don't know, but I've never heard of a triple outboard cat running that fast.

I like cats that size with triple power and I wish you could put a deal together to build them, but the economy is most likely not right for it at this time. I would also like to see a Cheetah with twin turbines of say 700hp each and Arnesons, I bet that bad boy would fly!
Old 07-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jamie Bowman
I have the utmost respect for marc & scotty, all who raced, do race and will race, as you must be respectful of the machine. Have you ridden a roller coaster & did it scare you or do you only call it a thrill-in this context most people would consider them synonyms. I remember seeing videos of marc and or scotty wherein marc acknowledges that he knows each "ride" may be he last. their videos are all accessible via these forums & if I remember-marc may have one of those face book pages with the videos. Most times you take your bicycle, skate board, motorcycle, snowmobile, car or boat towards the limit it will make you respect it more because it scared/thrilled you. if you don't respect it more each time, something ugly is very likely. Some of us are even scared of losing because we are so competative. Marc & or scotty did put in writing, days ago, that they are ending the 44 mti's race run after the kilo's/race here in sarasota & won't be racing for the next 3-4 weeks to put the motors etc in their mystic. scotty said it more simply!
Speaking of almost a disaster;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiRuB2i0aW0
Old 07-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Registered

Holy chit!

Quick Reply: Best Cat design Mike Peters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.