Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Salton Sea Speedweek 2012 >

Salton Sea Speedweek 2012

Notices

Salton Sea Speedweek 2012

Old 12-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree when the purses get bigger and the Orgs can afford to pay those type of purse the racers will come out in bigger numbers. But right now we have what we have and I dont see any change in the money anytime in the near futhure. So with that said for those of us that truly love the sport and what we do , we continue doing what we do. We will never make a living boat racing no one ever has so nothing has changed.

The Orgs do the best they can with what they have OPA is very affordable with NO entry fees and a purse, SBI is more exspensive WITH entry fees and a purses. When u really look at the cost of what the Orgs pay to put on a race we as racers are really way a head of the game is really kinda cheap .
Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

The date has been pushed out to March 2-4. It is the right thing to do at this point. There has been a lot of interest but the January date seem to be a problem (not enough time to prepare), and February has every weekend spoken for with the Superbowl, boat shows and trade shows . So, the event was pushed back to accommodate all of the teams that expressed interest. Records will be set....guaranteed.

Sorry for the late update, but we all have been working tirelessly to get this event done.

Hope that you all had a great Christmas and New Years

Troy