Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Salton Sea Speedweek 2012

The return of the
Salton Sea Speedweek
APBA/UIM World Speed Record Attempts
At The Fastest Body of Water
In The World
January 19-22 2012

The fastest body of water on earth - the Salton Sea, which sits 227 feet below sea level and 1.5 times the saline content of the ocean will once again be the site of the APBA/U.I.M. World Speed Records attempts. This storied body of water has seen more world speed records since records have been kept.

Final plans are underway for this World Speed Records and Offshore Powerboat Race which are scheduled for January 20, 21 & 22.

For more info or questions please contact RPM Racing Enterprises at (310) 318-4012 [email protected]
or Pacific Offshore Powerboat Racing Association [email protected]

If you are interested in participating and or want to be involved as an advertiser/sponsor or volunteer please contact
Ross Wallach (310) 318-4012 [email protected]
Troy Juve (951) 757-0839 [email protected]

Thank You
POPRA
Old 12-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Default If you want an OFFICIAL UIM Speed Record, you MUST be there!

Ok, guys, this is your chance to put your money where your mouth is! With the density of the water, the boats won't penetrate it ----> FASTER!! With the Sea being below sea level, there is MORE oxygen in the air. More oxygen = more power. More power ----> FASTER!! You will go faster at Salton Sea than ANYWHERE in the United States. PERIOD!! This is your chance to get that UIM certificate to hang on your wall. You have the fastest boat in your class!! PROVE IT!! BE THERE!! If you don't show up and show the world that your boat is that fast, your words mean NOTHING!! On top of the Kilos, we're going to have a good 'ol fashioned Offshore Race, to boot!! Two events in one!! Be there or be a nobody!
P.S. to you turbine guys... The official UIM Propeller driven boat record is only 228 mph! ALL our turbines can laugh at that!! Come get the big numbers!!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is POPRA working with APBA UIM again.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Registered
Gold Member

POPRA signed on right when APBA took the franchise back. I wish everyone would sign on and begin to unify this sport. Let bye-gones be bye-gones and move forward to make our sport great again. Save the egos for the race course. There is no room for egos in the administration of the sport. Sure, people have attitudes, opinions and maybe even hurts. It is time to bury that and make this sport shine. Imagine a TRUE World Finals!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Registered

Ok that all sounds good, I guess I remember a post sometime back that Brad (Pres of POPRA) posted that POPRA couldnt come to term with APBA and the agreement they had talked about changed last min .

Not really sure what APBA adds to the mix of Offshore, they really have no foot hold in it any longer its been yrs. I know they r trying to keep the Hydro's together but not really sure what they bring to Offshore. They dont have a memeber base, rule book, insurance any longer or a true Offshore schedule. Not sure what they really bring to the table?? I guess these are some of the reasons the other Offshore Org. are keeping their distance.
I know from past personal experience it is very costly of an Org. partner up with APBA and u get NOTHING in return that i can see, no support at race site at all. Again just my personal experience dealing with them. I guess the up side is all the members did get propeller magazine once a month for free.

Maybe you can shed some light on the up side for me because i havent seen it.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Registered
Gold Member

You are pretty much right on all points. I think that we're looking at the APBA affiliation somewhat altruistically. The only thing they have to offer, at this point, is a foundation on which to rebuild this sport as a unified group. APBA has the UIM affiliation. UIM is the OFFICIAL world record authority. I can only speak for myself, when I say, if we all put our egos aside and worked together to reunite this sport, APBA is the flag we should do it under. No other organization has the infrastructure or the history. Do I have my head in the clouds? Maybe. But I believe that it offers the best foundation to make Offshore Racing great again. It is not a franchise, any longer, no one person can profit from it, there is less chance of corruption(?) of the sport. Less chance of one company making back room deals for exclusivity. I think the organization represents the best chance for a non-partisan rebuild. (I sound like a politician, huh?) If we all got behind it, developed a new rule book that is FAIR to everyone, returned to the racing regions and rebuilt the infrastructure of competition, we WOULD be able to pull better sponsorships, because we would have better fan bases, national points and a true National/World Championships. What we had when I got involved in offshore 17 years ago.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Registered

I guess time will tell....
With UIM failing in Europe , and P1 no longer running there because of lack of a schedule not sure the fate of UIM right now.
You talk about a true World Championship, it doesnt get much better then this last yr there were teams from, SBI,OPA, OSS, and 6 different countries from the other side of the pond.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 12-11-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:53 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unification.....whatever!!!! I tried it and you guys are like a bunch of kids when it comes to that word PERIOD!!!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sean stinson
Unification.....whatever!!!! I tried it and you guys are like a bunch of kids when it comes to that word PERIOD!!!!!
Sean,

We talked about it a few yrs back and if you remember that is what I told u when and you said you had a master plan. Been there and done that numerous time and everytime the same result. Its almost impossible to get a class to agree, how in the world do you think you will get ALL the teams to agree. But you had to find out for yourself....

Mike A with APBA LLC came the closest and look what happen at the end, and why it happened (racers). Everyone wants to make it someting its not, its just boat racing nothing more nothing less and the sooner everyone accepts that the better the sport will be.

Have fun enjoying what we love to do with our friends , and if its not fun or not what you want to do any more find a new HOBBY. Yes it is a HOBBY not a professional sport and please dont lose site of that, it seems like that is what always gets the train off the tracks.

I have heard the question asked a million times why cant we be more like Nascar???? Silly question with a simple anwser, Nascar is a professional sport with Millions and Millions of dollars behind them, and boat racing is a HOBBY pretty simple cant even beleive that is asked. Nascar spends more in a wk then all the Org. in boat racing spend in a yrs. The ppl asking the question usually have nothing to do with the sport or even a racer, but if they want change again pretty simple start with about 10 million and you might be able to get the ball rolling, and if you arent ready to write the ck stop asking the same question. Its NOT the Org. it the racers and as long as that doesnt change either will our HOBBY .
Old 12-15-2011, 09:20 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Sean,

We talked about it a few yrs back and if you remember that is what I told u when and you said you had a master plan. Been there and done that numerous time and everytime the same result. Its almost impossible to get a class to agree, how in the world do you think you will get ALL the teams to agree. But you had to find out for yourself....

Mike A with APBA LLC came the closest and look what happen at the end, and why it happened (racers). Everyone wants to make it someting its not, its just boat racing nothing more nothing less and the sooner everyone accepts that the better the sport will be.

Have fun enjoying what we love to do with our friends , and if its not fun or not what you want to do any more find a new HOBBY. Yes it is a HOBBY not a professional sport and please dont lose site of that, it seems like that is what always gets the train off the tracks.

I have heard the question asked a million times why cant we be more like Nascar???? Silly question with a simple anwser, Nascar is a professional sport with Millions and Millions of dollars behind them, and boat racing is a HOBBY pretty simple cant even beleive that is asked. Nascar spends more in a wk then all the Org. in boat racing spend in a yrs. The ppl asking the question usually have nothing to do with the sport or even a racer, but if they want change again pretty simple start with about 10 million and you might be able to get the ball rolling, and if you arent ready to write the ck stop asking the same question. Its NOT the Org. it the racers and as long as that doesnt change either will our HOBBY .
But my master plan included a gentleman with an 8 digit number and a dollar sign in front of it....and at the end of the day it was like I can watch my grand children do this for free Sean...I had no comeback on that one and it isn't the racers it is also the orgs racers will go where it is the most fun and hopefully a place that pays at the end of the day!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.