Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Nationals in Key WesT >

Nationals in Key WesT

Notices

Nationals in Key WesT

Old 10-20-2002, 07:37 PM
xtremeracingf1

Default Nationals in Key WesT

Whats up with that only two boats in F-1...

Old 10-20-2002, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The additional expense, red tape, and the fact that those were the only two boats that could win the National
Championship probably kept everyone else away. Plus the extra time it took to get the boat ready for shipping, Also I think the boats had to be in Florida early.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are so many East Coast teams who were close enough to go, I am surprised only 2 teams showed up. The Bahamas sounded like a cool race venue.

I guess this is a learning experience for APBA-Offshore and for the Factory 1 racers who make up the largest class. To have a show, you have to have the teams show up. To have the teams show up, they have to have a reason to put forth the effort. For us, the only way we would have gone to the Bahamas was a championship possibility or for someone to put up expense money. At the end of the season, our time and money is better spent getting ready for the Worlds.

I have a feeling we'll have a BIG turnout for Key West. It's fun, exciting, no hassel and a fresh opportunity to win a title. All good reasons to race.
Old 10-21-2002, 12:53 PM
High Energy

Besides the red tape and logistics to get to the Bahama's, winning the National was not feasible unless Randy and BJ didn't even start the race. Now if the boat had been ready for the Daytona season opener it would have been a different story.
Anyways, a BIG Congrats to BJ and Mark for another National Championship. Great to see an Activator win again!!

See you in Key West.

Mike

Old 10-21-2002, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Its to bad more boats didnt go.I feel they missed a great race site.It was easy to deliver the boat and there was no hassle at all.The course went buy the spectators and on our race day we had calm water on the inside and ruff 3-5's on the outside.The next day was another story it was like a lake but you race with what you got.I beleve more boat will go next time after seeing the how well run it was.
Randy
PS how many F1 boats raced in SBI for the nationals?
Old 10-21-2002, 08:02 PM
xtremeracingf1

I believe there was only three boats and you where one of them.But all i've heard all year is about how many boats where running APBA F-1...

On another note sorry to say but We are not going to be able to make the worlds in N.O. next month.I guess we'll have to wait for another day to see whats going to shake out when we meet.I'm sure in big water you will run much better then us,but in a calm water race I dont think there is another F-1 boat running even close to the speed we are running.In N.C. we set the Kilo at 86.2 and weren't even really tring.
But speed isnt everything,the fastest boat doesnt always win and we know that from past races.I've heard you really hang it out and that makes the differance between winning and losing.I'm sure if we keep this boat we will have some fun sometime soon...

The sport need more races like yourself,on the edge and always ready to mix it up.I've also heard that u run a clean race and if that true my hats off to you.Good Luck in N.O. and be safe...

Old 10-22-2002, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Stop being so nice.Get your ass to NO. so we can kick it up and down the course.You are one of the reasons we are going.
Glenn I mean Randy