Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Brick OPA Results

Bruce, that seems good plan!
Old 06-30-2004, 09:41 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you'll see changes in the GPS deployment in A/C. Two boats hit the turn boat handing out the units and it wasn't that rough.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:16 PM
TeamRelentless

i believe in ac things will be done much different with the installing or whatever u wanna call it of the gps before and after the races they will prob be done in the wet pits...but i can see y they would not want anyone to see the speeds and what not...one reason behind it is because if u broke out period the next race u should move to the next class up to be playing the game the right way...so if everyone who broke out was shown their speeds they would then be able to set the boat up differently so they could race in the same class...thats just my 2 cents whether it makes sense or not but i dont necessarily agree with that cause i would have like to find out my max speed as well...even though i didnt finish or break out i would have still liked to see it but hey u live to learn and only make it better lets see what happens in ac....again just my input thanx
stroker

Old 06-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Registered

Stroker...
this past weekend (according to sources) we were penalized and knocked off the podium because our GPS read 82.9mph. I have a hard time believing that our GPS said that speed because our boat is not capable of those speeds. Even in its A-class days it was not capable of those speeds during a race. So in theory....we should be a P3 boat? We finished 300 yards in front of the next boat and their GPS stated 54 mph. Augies stated 97mph (once again unconfirmed inside report). The simple fact is that the way the GPS set up was done this past weekend was ridiculous. Things have to change and representative need to return their phone calls.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Q-Ball, no one would tell me what mine said. My boat GPS read 79 on the nose, Mike Merola seen it when we pulled into the dock. Now I know we sat in the middle of the course for 25 minutes before you finished so go figure? You and Pee-Wee did a great job for your first time together and his first race. Don't let anybody knock you! For what it's worth I would bet ANYTHING that you guys DIDN'T break out.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:55 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Kurt's read 94 while Smitty's read 84, yet they ran side by side. Kurt ran really hard down the front stretch and thinks the number is probably accurate.

I got the answers from OPA, both you and Augie broke out by one one mph so you got a one minute penalty. Did you secure the GPS or let it fly around the floor of the cockpit? GPS movement would be recorded as a higher speed.

In A/C, the units will be secured in the cockpit at the pits and the speeds will be shown to the team after wards, or would you like all speeds to be shown to everyone? The racers asked for the use of GPS, they should not turn into a point of controversy. We tried something in PP and will make adjustments for A/C. We're all learning.

But there's one thing for sure. Either you use GPS and go by what it says without question or you don't use them at all. There can be no arguing with the GPS readouts.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Registered

one last time...if its done right there would be no cotroversy.

the GPS are "zeroed" or reset in front of the team. mounted in a box on the dash by the tech inspector. Removed by the tech inspector and immediately shown to the team and a competing team as witness. Its simple. I dont know why its so difficult. Yes, we wanted GPS and still want GPS. But if the system isnt used properly, it will fail as it did on Sunday.

Ron, you've been to APBA races. Were there any problems or complaints?? I dont think so.

Keith is right. how could we have lapped him twice if he was doing 82? I guess we were doing 102 before we broke. Now I know why I keep breaking drives.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:39 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking Re: Brick OPA Results

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
I guess we were doing 102 before we broke. Now I know why I keep breaking drives.
Well now that you admit it Bruce, don't you think you should move up in class?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-30-2004, 07:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Q-Ball

I watch your boat run ,If your boat went over 52 mph , I will be shocked.
You and pee-wee ran a great race .

Yes ,I seen Augie`s onboard GPS it said 79 mph.

Mike
Old 06-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Registered

Bouncing around the boat these were never in a case as stated in the dry pit meeting.
And no way q broke cause we were ahead till we broke the hull and we were no where near class speed after 4 th lap when it turned around out of south east.

Quick Reply: Brick OPA Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.