Notices

Brick OPA Results

Old 06-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brick OPA Results

Post em if you got them. I just talked to my cousin who races P5 Goumada.
Unnoficial so far P5 Goumada 1st P5-38, Carabas 2nd, Bruce(Simply Awesome Broke running 2nd. 7 P5 Boats total
Old 06-27-2004, 06:04 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Default Re: Brick OPA Results

I have it all and will post later. Time for some food.

Stylin - P1
Obsession - P2
Bad Boy - P3
Nesquick - P4
Goumada - P5

The whole story will come later.

Here's the Goumada boyz.
Attached Thumbnails Brick OPA Results-goumada-wins.jpg  

Last edited by Ron P; 06-27-2004 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I spent the day on the pace boat with OSO's own Blonde Cig Chick on Johnny O's 42 GTX called All Fired Up. He came back from the A/C poker run with No Discipline, who was also a pace boat.
Attached Thumbnails Brick OPA Results-blonde-cig-chick.jpg   Brick OPA Results-pace-one.jpg   Brick OPA Results-pace-two.jpg  

Old 06-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

P3 boats had a battle, until Wazzup broke a drive.

Augie about to get hosed down by Firewater.
Attached Thumbnails Brick OPA Results-p3-war.jpg   Brick OPA Results-nicky.jpg   Brick OPA Results-augie-rooster.jpg  

Old 06-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Gotta love Stylin's new paint job. He'll have bigger power for Atlantic City on July 18th.
Attached Thumbnails Brick OPA Results-stylin-water.jpg  
Old 06-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hello Race Fans,

OPA kicked off the 2004 racing season today with another exciting and safe race in the Atlantic Ocean off Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey. The day couldn’t have been nicer as the temps stayed in the low 80s, and the wind blew just enough to make things interesting.

On Saturday OPA turned a vacant parking lot along Rt 70 into a carnival / Dry Pits. It was a huge success as the highway visibility along with local press, both in print and on air brought out hundreds of race fans. They got to see the teams and their boats, climb a rock wall, watch a bicycle stunt show, enjoy a band and even see a bikini contest.

There was some very impressive hardware in the pits. Bob Oliver’s 47’ Apache sporting triple 1300hp engines and #6 drives was the queen of the show. Stylin and Relentless sported new paint jobs and several new boats from as far away as Massachusetts and Maryland came to race the Jersey Boyz in their home waters.

At 12:40 the boats tore out the inlet at full speed to the delight of hundreds of fans that lined the inlet sea wall. The boats then proceeded into an ocean devoid of swells but a wind blow three-foot chop replaced the early morning glassy sea. After a short delay to move some of the spectator boats away from the racecourse, the racers followed pace boat one down the beach in front of thousands of sun worshipers and race fans. Pace Boat two followed seconds later and the entire fleet was in motion.

The P5 class had the largest field of boats with seven entries, four of them being 28’ Panteras. This turned into a race of attrition as Goumada took the win away from Carrabbas. The new team of Papa Dukes flew the boat all-day and held onto take third over Revolution Marine. Xtra racing, Simply Awesome and Sonic Boom rounded out the bottom of the field.

In P4, Team Nesquik was on a mission, they tore up the course and the only boat that could stay with them was the single engine 32’ Bad Boy with big power. The race was tight until the Bad Boy broke the drive and Nesquik went on to take the win over CMS, Steelin Time and Jesse James and the well-spanked Bad Boy.

There was some serious smack talk going on before the P3 race between the 2003 OPA National Champion, Wazzup and the 2003 SBI World Champion 38’ Bad Boy. Additionally I understand someone said “Put your money where your mouth is” and a $ubstantial bet was wagered between the two teams, just to make things interesting. When the green flag dropped, the two boats went at it side by side, swapping the lead as they entered and exited turns. Wazzup could hold more speed in the turns but the Bad Boy could take them on the long two-mile straightaways. It was a great battle until the seemingly unbreakable Wazzup dropped out with a broken drive and the Bad Boy ran till the end. This was third time the Bad Boy beat Wazzup out of their last four face-offs. After the race, Bad Boy throttleman Kurt Berger was heard saying that he enjoyed racing against “What Was Up” and looked forward to a season of beating them. Eddie Smith, driver for Wazzup replied by saying that he’d have something special for the Bad Boyz in Atlantic City. This looks like it could become a season long battle between these two boats.

The pre race hype between the two big Vee bottoms in P2 class never materialized. The triple engine Apache sucked up mud while it was leaving the pits and overheated the center engine. They still managed to run around the course at a respectable speed on the outer two motors but they could do nothing compared to what Obsession had in store for them. The big Outerlimits went onto take an easy win over Firewater.

Three cats ran in P1 class. Out of the gate, Relentless had the lead, then Stylin took over, then Lightening Jacks, it was a great race as these fast cats worked their way through traffic around the course. Relentless was the first to drop out due to a faulty harmonic balancer. Shortly thereafter, Lightening Jacks found out what Guardian Mode does on his brand new Merc 525s. This left Lightening Jacks limping around the course and Stylin continued to run strong throughout the 18-lap challenge to take the overall win.

Photos from the weekend are posted at www.njoffshore.homestead.com/Brick04.html. These are thumbnail images. Click on each photo to see a larger image.

Also Jim O’Conner and his staff did their usual outstanding job and their photos can be found at www.njsportpics.com. Just click on “view recent events” and you’ll see the power boat races listed on top.

Please mark your calendar for the weekend of July 17th and 18th when OPA will smoke the waters off Atlantic City New Jersey. We are short on volunteer boats for the A/C race so if you want to take an overnight trip to A/C and help out, we’d love to have you. Stay tuned for more info on the A/C race next week.

See ya at the races,
Ron
Old 06-28-2004, 06:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On behalf of The Jersey Boyz, Smitty and I would like to give a VERY BIG THANK YOU to everyone that has helped OPA put on this great show in Bricktown this past weekend. We had ANOTHER safe race and I feel everyone had a fantastic time! Special Thanks go out to Pete Mazzo (No Discipline) and Johnny O (All Fired Up) for leaving Atlantic City early Sunday Morning after doing a poker run with NJPPC to pace our race, as they always do. Pete, Johnny...Thank You and we are ALWAYS glad your out there with us. To the racers, we all put on one hell of a show, safely, Thank You All! See you in AC, Augie

Last edited by Augie Pensa; 06-28-2004 at 07:00 AM.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Augie Pensa
On behalf of The Jersey Boyz, Smitty and I would like to give a VERY BIG THANK YOU to everyone that has helped OPA put on this great show in Bricktown this past weekend. We had ANOTHER safe race and I feel everyone had a fantastic time! Special Thanks go out to Pete Mazzo (No Discipline) and Johnny O (All Fired Up) for leaving Atlantic City early Sunday Morning after doing a poker run with NJPPC to pace our race, as they always do. Pete, Johnny...Thank You and we are ALWAYS glad your out there with us. To the racers, we all put on one hell of a show, safely, Thank You All! See you in AC, Augie
How did the ankle hold up Augie?
Old 06-28-2004, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Phantom, Thank you for asking, doing better.THANKS to Q-Ball who is a paramedic and wrapped it and put a brace so it wouldn't move we had a great time.Today a little sore but we're OK and looking forward to Sarasota this weekend. Kevin and I will be in Thursday night and Smitty and Sticks will be in Friday so we'll see you then. If you need to get in touch with me my cell is 201-665-1033.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:08 PM
Registered

Augie, Congrats on the win and I look foward to seeing you this weekend.
We'll be in on Friday running the Warlock in P4

Quick Reply: Brick OPA Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.