Notices

Brick OPA Results

Old 06-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Brick OPA Results

Qballs reading was about 71 and Augie was 81. Where do you guys get these numbers.

As you know, we tried it like we did to capture average lap speeds. This was clearly explained at the drivers meetings.

It will be done differently for A/C. Units installed at the pits and the team will see the results, or should everyone see the results? WHAT DO YOU WANT?

However, you can't argue the GPS readings, do we agree on that point? Also the time for any issue to be raised is within one hour after the race/awards while everyone is present and available.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:57 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P
It will be done differently for A/C. Units installed at the pits and the team will see the results, or should everyone see the results? WHAT DO YOU WANT?
In my opinion, it should be posted for all to see.

Just like in the old days.....
Attached Thumbnails Brick OPA Results-keywest1991results1.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-30-2004, 09:20 PM
Registered

I agree... and should be posted on the trailer after the race.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:08 PM
Registered

I was told I broke out, and went from 2nd to 3rd place. I know my boat is not that fast but OK ! What I would like to Know is how I finished a lap and a half behind the first place boat that looked to be running P3 speeds in P4! I was laped about half way thru the race and we ran hard all day with the third place boat never more than half a mile behind us! Posting all speeds and times may help me understand! Ron Steelin Time.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:24 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Ah, I love those sheets that SBI produces. They use an old software package that we've never had. If anyone has a copy, I'd like to see exactly how it works.

APBA looks to use a stop watch to calculate overall average speed. The SBI software will do it on a lap by lap basis, yet they also use GPS.

So looks like everyone whould like to see all the GPS readouts? And the team would see it when it opens to verify the reading. Is that right?

Do we also agree that no one can argue what the GPS reads? Otherwise, why have them?
Old 06-30-2004, 10:59 PM
TeamRelentless

well i missed alot because i wasnt on for a couple hours but since i came back alot was discussed... i am not goin to back track but ron has a point in everything he is saying..basically its was the first time using this system, obviuosly the bugs need to be worked out and will only be done by constructive criticism by us the racers...no reason to be all pissed off and ****...like i said first time..now yes apba has a good system without any complaints(yet i really dont know first hand never raced with apba )but have heard nothing but good about it...can someone tell me if they were ever at apba's first race where they used this new gps system cause i can almost garuntee (spelt wrong) that there were some bugs that needed to be worked out so all i am saying is that it can only get better...if u want to race with opa then tough it out and see what happens, thats what we plan on doin'....and as for the case thing the reason that the gps's were not in cases like we were told they would be is because they realized one small problem on the turn boat when they were passing them out...it takes a good two to three minutes at least to put the gps's in the cases very tight fit...now when u have 25-30 race boats lined up circling a boat with 3-4' seas is not an easy task to complete..u may ask y dont they have the units in the cases before hand..well thats because they all have a serial no. on the front of them and u dont know which one goes to which boat if they are in the cases and cant see the no. another small imperfection that needs to be worked out...ok once again just my input sorry if i am wrong but everyone voices their opinion so i did the same...thanx for listening and as far as i am concerened i voiced all my issues with this topic and i am sure they will be saught after and dealt with if possible..well see in ac...see u on the 17th 3 weeks will be here soon so be ready!
Stroker

Old 06-30-2004, 11:00 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
Q-Ball
I watch your boat run ,If your boat went over 52 mph , I will be shocked.
Mike
I understand this boat was spotted doing 69.69 mph...

Just enough to meet P-5 Rules!

Oh wait! It was spotted on the trailer on I-95....

I hope to see it ready for AC.....

Good Luck with it.....
Attached Thumbnails Brick OPA Results-100_1177.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-30-2004, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Brick OPA Results

Guys I am not trying to piss anyone off but come on,you have F1 boats running in P5,Wrong class,you have 650 and 700 HP powered 28 foot boats running in P5 wrong class,you have twin 750 plus HP boats running in P4,wrong class,You have a tripple 1300 HP 47 Apache running in P2,wrong class.If the powers that be,like Kirt,Eddie and Augie dont relieze that there system is not fair and not set up properly than I do not know what to say.But when the shoe was on the other foot in I do beleive in 1989 in Marathon when we were running a tripple engine 32 skater against Kurt in his 32 foot Hydra tech with Jack D and he was complainig that the power to weight ratio was not fair seems to go out the window especially when the man himself is running a boat that that is in the wrong class,I guess what I am trying to say is if you have a legal P5,.P4,P3,P2.P1 Boat run it in its propor class and you wont have these problems,what about the guy that has a true P5 boat and knows he has to go up against a big HP 28 Foot Pantera,he already knows he will get his ASS stomped and if any one does not agree with me let me know ,I have been involved with the sport for 25 years and like would nothing to see it become bigger than it is but as usual I dont think it will ever happen because of the reasons I HAVE POSTED ABOVE.If you ever want this sport to grow you first have to start with a equal playing ground meanig equal cubic inches,equal length and weight and people not sand bagging it with there current boats so they can get a checkered flag and they all know who they are and I do not have to mention who theynare because it is pretty obvious.I guess what I am trying to say is make it fair and more people will show.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:01 AM
Registered

Hyper1, As I stated in another post, in which you elected not to respond. You're way off on the HP and potential speeds of some of these boats. (including mine) The only issue i see right now is that 24s can't compete against 28s in snotty water. Do you think 28s can compete against 38s in the rough? I dont think so. I have seen a 24 compete and beat 28s in the rough. "Mission Impossible" . I dont plan on bumping up to P-4 anytime soon and I'll do everything possible to prove that my boat doesn't break 70. If it does, I'll be penalized. Once again, your welcome to come for a ride and see how fast it really is.
I dont care if you put 800 hp in the 24s and they run 90 in good water. They will always have a tough time against the 28 Panteras in rough water.

Ernie, I was at Marathon last year, when APBA used GPS for the first time. There were no problems and there were some DQs. The only complaints and appeals were DQs due to boat numbers not being legal size.

Ron, yes, this is what we want. (or most want anyway) As long as the GPS are set up correctly, it will work. And when the GPS reading is shown to the team, another competing team member should be present to witness and sign off .

The F-1 boat was run in P-5, only because they have absolutely no experience in the boat and the owner has never run a race boat much less a go fast boat.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:20 AM
Registered

Raynman, Im sorry, and somewhat dissappointed that you did not stay. There is a size limit in P-5. And we all fit into it. We all have to run the same speed. Its obvious that the 28s will have a large advantage over the 24s. No one can blame you if you decide to sit it out. I know how you feel. I raced a 24 Baja in 2002, and tried damn hard to keep up with a absolute legal P-5 28 Pantera in the ocean. It was pretty tough but, I held my own in the straight away. But, then we got into some real snot and crashed in a turn.

I dont mean to be redundant but what I guess Im trying to say, is max speed really isnt the issue as much as size. If your capable of doing 70 in your boat, you will still have a tough time with a 28 capable of the same speed in rough water.

If my boat were capable of 80 or 82, I would still get my ass kicked by a 38 in rough water. Lets see how Lukie does, when he runs his new 28 Pantera w/700hp in P-4.

Good luck in whatever you decide. I hope we see you again in the near future

regards

Last edited by BRUCE SEROFF; 07-01-2004 at 08:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Brick OPA Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.