Attitude is everything,

Notices

Attitude is everything,

Old 10-16-2004, 06:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Attitude is everything,

John Boche owned The Crazy Greek, Rick from East Dover Marine Throttled and my Uncle Val was one of the mechanics on it.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

I had a 28 cig called Berks Law, lived in Brick

Tried like hell to beat those two in 78 & 79.

Never had much luck, so in 80 throttled for Gazell. (Great Adventure )

If you can't lick um, join um, came in second in points that year.

Would have come in 1st. but during the last race of the year the driver

of record got ill during the race an had to be removed from the boat.

L.S.

Last edited by lucky strike; 10-16-2004 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

augie..ask uncle val if he remembers Johnny Kent...was Bochis's right hand man
Old 10-18-2004, 07:28 PM
LarryD

McGiver very well said I think you hit the nail on the head. good luck in keywest
Larry svl #5 wild ride

Old 10-19-2004, 06:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Bernie, on a sad note my Uncle passed away a month and a half ago. My cousin Val ran the old Team Virgin Gladiator last year in OPA with Dave the owner, Diamond Dave Racing.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

augie i'm sorry to hear that...i apologise
Old 10-19-2004, 04:49 PM
Registered

Tony,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with all of us. I will admit that the negativity this year has been plentyful! This has been a great year for many teams and very difficult for others. But no matter what you all pulled your teams together, no matter how large or small , showed up and raced at the venues of you and your teams choice.
You should all be commended for this! For some of you the decisions this year have been difficult, at best. Determining your 2004 schedual, securing sponsorships and most importantly honoring those commitments. Again I commend you all on your efforts. With one...yes one....race left in the 2004 season you have almost completed the year, learning much along the way. I believe that there is time and a place for everything. I believe that it is important to remember that you all perceived, by the public as representatives of Offshore Racing. Whether you are a team owner, boat owner or crew member you are spokespeople for the sport. Whether you do it for the love or money....you are still the best Front Line representatives that the sport has to offer to anyone who is interested in Offshore Racing. I believe that Offshore Racing has played a role in your lives and in part responsible for the men and women that you are today. Can you imagine your lives today, without your stories of commaraderie, competition and humor and amazing feets of stamina all experiences that you have had, that are a part of who you are today, without Offshore Racing. I for one consider myself one of the richest people you will ever meet, and it is not financial. It is because of the people I have met thru the Wonderful World of Offshore Racing. And for that I am thankful. I wish you all well and look forward to the season to come.

Regards,
Julie
Old 10-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ya what Julie said......

Frank
"Koolhand"
Old 10-20-2004, 06:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Bernie, no problen, he was really sick for a long time. Me and Val are OK with it.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:36 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, at what point do you say, alright it was fun and it's time to move on. Anthony and I will be at work with a race weekend coming up 1500 miles away. The conversation on Monday is maybe we'll pass on this one and get some work done. Yea good idea. Tuesday,ya know if we really hustle we can finish the work and be out of here by Friday, na better stay home. Wednesday, the problem with this boat racing is nothing else is any fun anymore. maybe we'll go fishing this weekend. Yea good idea. Thursday morning get out of bed, Momma's got the bags packed at the front door, "who you kidding?'' Thursday afternoon 95 south off to another awsome weekend with some great friends. I guess what I am trying to say is, We're Screwed ! Smitty

Quick Reply: Attitude is everything,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.