Attitude is everything, >

Attitude is everything,

Notices

Attitude is everything,

Old 10-15-2004, 01:08 PM
McGiver

Attitude is everything,

Attitude is everything,

The P class, (bracket racing) is like the monster garage of offshore racing. Teams put together
what they can with what they have and go for it. P class racing is an opportunity for anybody to race. In reality, it is the breeding ground for offshore racing, and from that those that are fortunate enough can step up to the next level. Some teams for the love of the sport beg, borrow and steal (no disrespect intended) so they can be at the next race and have the opportunity to compete. What amazes me is that so many people intentionality and un-intentionality undermine the sport through sarcasm and negative criticism. Every team regardless of where they place is a winner for just being there and supporting the sport. Any person who has any negative criticism towards the sport- towards any team should address their comments through a personal phone call to the organization or the team in question, not on an open forum such as the internet where fans, children, and sponsors can form a negative opinion; all this does is undermine the sport -team by team, fan by fan, and sponsor by sponsor. If it wasn’t for P class racing, we could not have been able to take a boat that chine walked at 90mph and had turning issues and create a stable missile that could turn on a dime, though we found that at turning the boat at 90mph you should use a quarter. I thank God for the ability to have experienced all I have and with the help of many, in two years have accomplished three world championships and a high points championship. But the best feeling I get from racing is knowing at the end of the race that God has watched over us all. Its not about what place we come in. The main objective of this post if that P class was developed to enjoy the sport and we need to accept the flaws/ drawbacks that it is going to have. I know that all the race organizations have done their best to make it fair to all who participate. I have to get back to work, I wish a good attitude to all. We want to thank, and have enjoyed the positive energy from all volunteers, medics, divers, turn boats, sweep boats, and people who give their valuable time to this great sport.

Best Regards,
The Bad Boy Powerboat Family

Old 10-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Attitude is everything,

A winning attitude like that is what makes P Class racing fun, enjoyable and competitive for all.

Here's Team Bad Boy after winning two World titles in Deerfield 2003.
Attached Thumbnails Attitude is everything,-boyzwinners.jpg  
Old 10-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Very well Said!!
Old 10-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Re: Attitude is everything,

I totally agree. My family has been racing for 30 year and 24 years with the boat you see here in the picture. we have been in 7 different class and won championships in 4 of them also finished in the top three of the World in 1989 and 1991. We've spent scarey money to keep things going and have fun with the whole family. Also trying to pput on races at the same time.

We now are racing in P-2 after two seasons of P-3 racing, We are still having just as much fun and will keep doing it until this 30 year old beast can't take it anymore.

Andy Bloom
GLSCS Chaiman
(Throttles) Rascal Racing
Attached Thumbnails Attitude is everything,-b3rascal.jpg  
Old 10-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Well siad!
Old 10-15-2004, 02:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Tony! Did you have a good time? Did we all laugh our a$$es off, everyone was ok ...that's all that matters.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Very well said and spoken like a true gentlemen
...unfortunately i'm not as directly involved as i soon hope to be , but i know what he's talking about as a good friend of mine from years ago was involved was i was a kid (Johnny Kent - The Crazy Greek) and i remember all he went through to participate. Although i'm only a volunteer i enjoy every single minute of it, and some of the people i've met that spend the amount of time and money they do to keep this going deserve a HUGE HIGH 5...
Old 10-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tony,
Well said good job,and hopefully the people that need to be reading this will get your message...

Frank
"Koolhand"
Old 10-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by bern's 29scarab
Very well said and spoken like a true gentlemen
...unfortunately i'm not as directly involved as i soon hope to be , but i know what he's talking about as a good friend of mine from years ago was involved was i was a kid (Johnny Kent - The Crazy Greek) and i remember all he went through to participate. Although i'm only a volunteer i enjoy every single minute of it, and some of the people i've met that spend the amount of time and money they do to keep this going deserve a HUGE HIGH 5...
Wasn't the Crazy Greek' s name John Bochis ? N.J. racer

Tough competitor- 27 Signature

Raced him in the late 70's in production class ( P ) Stock class.

L.S.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Lucky,
I believe John was one of the mechanics for Crazy Greek. He owned a shop at Silverbay Marina. When I was a kid, John gave me the race Program to the 1979 World Championships-I still have the Program. Isn't it funny how one remembers this stuff as a kid? Remember all the battles between Great Adventure and Crazy Greek-that was great racing way back then!!

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 10-16-2004 at 06:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Attitude is everything,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.