Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Wolverine Warehouse - My boat and others got broken into! >

Wolverine Warehouse - My boat and others got broken into!

Notices

Wolverine Warehouse - My boat and others got broken into!

Old 01-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some one needs to break the owners sons knees with a ball bat. There is nothing of this deal that sounds like it was an outside thief. I will make sure to spread the word.

Why would they pour bleach all over? Does this eliminate finger prints? If that is the case, I have never heard of a common thief covering up their prints.. Because they finish the theft and go away. Now if the thief worked at the storage facility, that would certainly be a reason to hide prints.....

Last edited by low_psi; 01-21-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

When I worked and lived in Palm Beach we stored the trailer for our 40ft rib tender at a "secure" storage yard. One day we went to pick it up, and it was gone. 40ft aluminum trailer, someone just pulled in, somehow got through the electric gate with a keypad, cut the lock on the trailer and took it. Nothing ever came of it from the police.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Registered

Police don't give a damn. Their job is to fill out the report. But when it is painfully obvious the theft was done by the business owner or an employee, you would think they (the police) would try to prove their worth and actually look into the theft a bit deeper.......
Old 01-22-2014, 06:23 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am the one that had the engines stolen from the 353 FastTech Formula. If anyone hears of these engines or parts for sale, I would appreciate it very much for a lead. The thieves took a pair of 557 cu 750 hp engines and accumulators. The motors consisted of MSD ignitions, Dart tall deck blocks, Ported Pro Top Line cylinder heads by ET Performance with 3/4" deck, and Brodix high rise intake manifold with Dominator 4-barrel carburetors.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]516912[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Wolverine Warehouse - My boat and others got broken into!-engines-side-view.jpg  
Old 01-22-2014, 07:58 AM
Registered

Good luck in finding them (no sarcasm). I freaking hate thieves. I had a bad feeling about that place last season when I stored my boat there..... I hope you are able to get your motors back.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by WCEC1949
I am the one that had the engines stolen from the 353 FastTech Formula. If anyone hears of these engines or parts for sale, I would appreciate it very much for a lead. The thieves took a pair of 557 cu 750 hp engines and accumulators. The motors consisted of MSD ignitions, Dart tall deck blocks, Ported Pro Top Line cylinder heads by ET Performance with 3/4" deck, and Brodix high rise intake manifold with Dominator 4-barrel carburetors.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]516912[/ATTACH]
Your engines were the main target. Someone had to know what you had in there. I had not told ANYONE there what engine was in my boat. My boat has 2 covers on it. Full complete cover and cockpit cover. Yes, on the side of boat it does day 502 H.O..... People who did this were boat people and knew what they were looking for.

There are over 200 cars stored there, you can see all the big chrome shiny wheels under their covers, and none of them were touched? No outdrives or outboard engines taken????
Old 01-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Registered

Here is your 353 for sale on a few websites found on a quick google search....... Very fishy....

http://www.popyachts.com/View/19329/

http://www.boatshop24.com/de/formula...otorboot/88005
Old 01-22-2014, 12:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
Some one needs to break the owners sons knees with a ball bat. There is nothing of this deal that sounds like it was an outside thief. I will make sure to spread the word.
Being in the security business, I can not condone this, but I UNDERSTAND!!!

Why would they pour bleach all over? Does this eliminate finger prints?
Someone read it on the internet. (I'm not trying to be funny.) And no as far as the prints.

If that is the case, I have never heard of a common thief covering up their prints…
Most common thieves get away, because they are good and know where and what not to touch. As you said not any reason for someone this bold or pro to worry about their prints.To many prints to search.

Now if the thief worked at the storage facility, that would certainly be a reason to hide prints.....
I agree and what stands out from me is the fake camera's that were batted down. A pro would be able to tell that they are fake or not and not waste time on them. Or they would have grabbed the server/ computer they are linked to. This did not happen and would have been in the police report. I promise it would have stood out in the report. Engines, carbs, computer. How did the saying go: One of these things doesn't look like the other!!!

I feel sorry for people that have the collateral damage.

Last edited by Johnaut46; 01-22-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Registered

Just returned from checking on my boat...all is good with mine. They broke into an enclosed trailer directly next mine, probably looking for tools. Rumor has it the bank is looking for the 353, so some are speculating it was an inside job, just not inside to the Warehouse. The place will be on lockdown now. A security system with motion detectors is being installed at this moment (I seen them working.) Apparently there is an ongoing investigation.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:00 PM
Banned

Paul Harvey ending......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.