Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Insurance and Finance
marinas are they responsable???? >

marinas are they responsable????

Notices

marinas are they responsable????

Old 09-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Had my trailer stolen from the marina when they left the secure keycard security gate open for a few days. The marina blew me off. Read the release you probaby signed.
ed
Old 10-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

So you take your Ferrari downtown to the ball game, pay for parking and you get a door ding. Do you really think Acme Parking is gonna pay for it????
Old 10-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phragle
So you take your Ferrari downtown to the ball game, pay for parking and you get a door ding. Do you really think Acme Parking is gonna pay for it????
X2!

If you go to a Poker Run and pay to park your truck in a parking lot and some putz backs into your truck is the parking lot responsible? I would call cops and insurance and let them deal with it. However, insurance company will probably try and find a way to weasel out of paying for the damage.....and then hike your rates anyway!!

I would suggest approaching the marina manager/harbour master and mentioning to him that this person is a "menace" to other boaters, ask around, perhaps there have been other boats damaged by this person and the marina management will "Politely suggest" he find a different place to moor his boat, or, at least move where he moors his boat to a place where he is less likely to cause damage to other boats.

Good Luck!
Michael
Old 11-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

ya all this is great advise, but this guy is likely a douche!! and the marina is NOT responsible as your agreement likely states (note the fine print S.O.L.) so on to plan be, wrap your hands tightly around the dudes neck, bend him over the dock, force his head in the water and ask him how it tastes!!! then say next time F**k with someone elses boat!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

hey Micheal I have a Baha 4 you, call me at home tonight 905-722-6684 I'll give you the details...
Alan
Old 11-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own 4 marinas and can tell you without question the marina is not responsible. The boat owner who hit you is 100% responsible. The Marina should cooperate with you in finding out who the guy is and maybe even give you his insurance info as they should have it on file.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the marina itself is not responsible in the least
the other problem is if and when you contact your insurance you will register a claim........ next yrs premium may be higher and you will pay out of pocket in ins.premiums the value of the claim
it sounds like the damage is minor....... have the cops talk to this guy and see if that alone doesnt motivate him

i try not to get mad but i always get even.............
get the drift.......

Last edited by Centsless; 11-19-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I bet the Marina either has signs or if your in a contract with them states they are not responsible. Only thing might be if you were a permanent member and boat was vandalized under their care. But somebody hitting you is not going to be there problem, for one how could they stop it or prevent it? Unless it was their employee on their boat.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I was the one who started this post,to give you the outcome,after the guy hit me said he wasn't on his boat I had to tell him I would get a lawyer if he didn't fess up,which he did after I told him I had a witness,as far as the marina owner,well a few of us keep our boat there and if it was me who owend the marina I would have sold him a slip elsewhere,so after this unfolded we all left do to the marina not understanding our concerns,so it will get fixed but I would have thought the marina do to our type of boats would have thought it out abit more,live and learn
Old 11-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

won't matter what marina you go to, I would expect the same outcome, unless the dude driving the boat was an employee of said marina, you'd be s.o.l. the marina's only ethical obligation to you would be to provide you with the dudes information, insurance co. phone # address etc... but that's not even guaranteed its just ethically the right thing for any marina to do... hope you get this rectified to your satisfaction...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.