The new project >

The new project

Notices

The new project

Old 12-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DonRoc
Nice Vid. dyno numbers are left to the operator. You can make the adjustment factor anything you want. I could run the same motor and get two totally different numbers. I like the guys who give real numbers and adjustment factors. a JC motor that makes 650hp might make 700+ with some less scrupulous guy at the dyno. Some guys are honest and give 650hp others are selling the 750hp motor that runs slower than the JC or Performance Marine (to name a few) motor that only puts out 650hp HP numbers sell... so it is really hard to compare between two different dyno's and operators. I know my motor Dyno'd by Performance Marine like yours from JC are real numbers.

But really nice vid Did it take you a long time to put together?
Maybe five hours? It was my first movie. Its very easy if you have a Mac. We only had two runs for a total of 30 mins so I didn't have much footage.

Originally Posted by jdub
What do you guys think is the best prop for these hulls?
I think everyone ends up trying a few props but EVERYONE comes back to Bravo 1's. My boat handled like sh*t with the hydromotive. When i went back to my mechanic Joey Impressica he laughed at me, threw on 28p Bravo 1 and said "here, you got a whole new boat now! Forget how that thing handled before." . I can tell you he was RIGHT, it handled like a dream every since.

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Guomada is Saris Racing Engines now...and its a little different than them just handing out a gps..you have to buy a special trackign one now. You get 3 shots. Superheat is unde rnew ownership too.
Just the kryptonite or the Mystic too??????
Old 12-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DonRoc
the rules section is "being revised" I will check back. so you have to run as close to but not over 75. How many miles do they run? Are the boats generally capable of going over 75? Or do you set them up to run 75 wide open and just try to hold it there with throttle stops. seems like the is a lot of strategy involved.
Races are only 20-30 miles usually(at least thats what they were in Key West for class 5).

Some boats are capable of running well over 75. Some probably run right around 75-78. That's all part of the strategy. It's basically a contest to see who can keep it closest to 75 MPH without going over for the longest IMO tourquey motors with crazy acceleration from 50-70 MPH is what you want.

FF2 - Looking good so far. I'll be up there the whole week between xmas and new years. Will ride locally if we get snow, otherwise Indian Lake and Speculator. Let me know if you guys will be out.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Maybe five hours? It was my first movie. Its very easy if you have a Mac. We only had two runs for a total of 30 mins so I didn't have much footage.

I think everyone ends up trying a few props but EVERYONE comes back to Bravo 1's. My boat handled like sh*t with the hydromotive. When i went back to my mechanic Joey Impressica he laughed at me, threw on 28p Bravo 1 and said "here, you got a whole new boat now! Forget how that thing handled before." . I can tell you he was RIGHT, it handled like a dream every since.

Just the kryptonite or the Mystic too??????
Just the Kryptonite. The big boat is actually a Platinum, not a Mystic.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:06 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

mastercraft... boats looking good.
just an fyi, its 'cropper' not crooper.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Pete...i doubt Ill be out but my bands playing in town if u wanan stop by or see the boat...or Chirs's lol. Don...our old boat would run a solid 80 and accelorated like a mofo...the only problem was keeping the bottom together and not breaking out.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Pete...i doubt Ill be out but my bands playing in town if u wanan stop by or see the boat...or Chirs's lol. Don...our old boat would run a solid 80 and accelorated like a mofo...the only problem was keeping the bottom together and not breaking out.
Day, time, location?

I may stop by one day when I'm not riding.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Saturday Jan 2nd at 9pm..Michael Arthurs restaurant in Bolton. Gimme a shout tomorrow or something i might get the sled ready
Old 12-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride tug hill, and seculator area. usually Tuesdays. How is the snow there? We have 2" at beast here, not enough to ride
Old 12-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Driver-441
Racer

We got a nice solid base anyway...another 6 inches or so we'll be set
Old 12-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Registered

I hear Speculator is doing OK. I will probably trailer there Wednesday. Check out www.ilsnow.com for conditions and reports.

I am leaving on the 2nd. Too bad, I would have liked to see you rock out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.