The new project

Notices

The new project

Old 12-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by DonRoc
Tell me more about this class... how do they know if you go over the 75mph? A gps on the boat? can you go over it at all or is it a DQ? Is it a straight race or roundy round?
www.oparacing.org class 5. They use the same technology used in fleets of trucks...you can go between 75 and 76 3 times ebfore your DQd.....we got DQd twice this year lol 3 Kryps in the class
Old 12-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DonRoc
Tell me more about this class... how do they know if you go over the 75mph? A gps on the boat? can you go over it at all or is it a DQ? Is it a straight race or roundy round?
They give you a gps to go onboard. If you break 75mph twice, your disqualified. If you break it once, you get a penalty? I beleive. Its a standard race.....I beleive theres three kryptonites in that class actually. Superheat Guomada and Typhoon
Old 12-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont doubt that you ran 89mph, and as Don said, he doesnt exactly know how much hp his motor is putting out, so it could very well be that a proper set up 650hp will run close to 95mph. I know that with 800hp in my boat, I have run a best of 104mph, and John (lightspeed) ran a best of 106mph when it was new.

WIth that said, I sure hope that 650hp will run 95, because that is what I am planning on detuning my 598ci to so it will live a bit longer.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
They give you a gps to go onboard. If you break 75mph twice, your disqualified. If you break it once, you get a penalty? I beleive. Its a standard race.....I beleive theres three kryptonites in that class actually. Superheat Guomada and Typhoon
Guomada is Saris Racing Engines now...and its a little different than them just handing out a gps..you have to buy a special trackign one now. You get 3 shots. Superheat is unde rnew ownership too.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Sh*t, maybe I got lucky then! JCPerformance, around 620hp with wrong prop and a broken trim, two people and almost 3/4 tank of gas pulled out 89mph.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSrixhICY88
Nice Vid. dyno numbers are left to the operator. You can make the adjustment factor anything you want. I could run the same motor and get two totally different numbers. I like the guys who give real numbers and adjustment factors. a JC motor that makes 650hp might make 700+ with some less scrupulous guy at the dyno. Some guys are honest and give 650hp others are selling the 750hp motor that runs slower than the JC or Performance Marine (to name a few) motor that only puts out 650hp HP numbers sell... so it is really hard to compare between two different dyno's and operators. I know my motor Dyno'd by Performance Marine like yours from JC are real numbers.

But really nice vid Did it take you a long time to put together?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
www.oparacing.org class 5. They use the same technology used in fleets of trucks...you can go between 75 and 76 3 times ebfore your DQd.....we got DQd twice this year lol 3 Kryps in the class
the rules section is "being revised" I will check back. so you have to run as close to but not over 75. How many miles do they run? Are the boats generally capable of going over 75? Or do you set them up to run 75 wide open and just try to hold it there with throttle stops. seems like the is a lot of strategy involved.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm
I dont doubt that you ran 89mph, and as Don said, he doesnt exactly know how much hp his motor is putting out, so it could very well be that a proper set up 650hp will run close to 95mph. I know that with 800hp in my boat, I have run a best of 104mph, and John (lightspeed) ran a best of 106mph when it was new.

WIth that said, I sure hope that 650hp will run 95, because that is what I am planning on detuning my 598ci to so it will live a bit longer.
I Was In Jays Boat When We Ran 89 MPH ,,Theres More In The Boat When We Dial It In Probably 3 Or 4 More ,,,
Old 12-23-2009, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

What do you guys think is the best prop for these hulls?
Old 12-23-2009, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jdub
What do you guys think is the best prop for these hulls?
I tried a lot of props on mine, The like the 4 blade Bravo style. But i tried a Maximus and it performed well also very stable but seemed to hold the bow down a bit, I would have liked to put some time on it to get a true feeling. I will be prop testing with the bravo's and Maximus when I get the motor done.
I hated the Hydromotive it was really loose.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a Hyrdomotive P-5 on mine when i fiirst got it and was not a big fan at all. Anything over 85mph turned it into a driver's boat, and not in a good way. the chine walk was almost uncontrollable. Luckily, I threw a blade on it and picked up a used Labbed Bravo 1. The first time I had it out, it felt like an entirely different boat, rock solid all the way into triple digits.

I have not tried a Maximus, but with the way my Bravo 1 performed, I dont think I need to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.