Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > LaveyCraft
I hear there will be some new news coming down the pike >

I hear there will be some new news coming down the pike

Notices

I hear there will be some new news coming down the pike

Old 05-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It would appear you have some video you're keeping from us...
Old 05-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
It would appear you have some video you're keeping from us...
I'm still running through all the videos and marking down the times of all the good parts to put together a small piece from these runs.

That 29 definitely runs! I tried to outrun him but every time I looked over my shoulder he was right next to me. Pretty amazing what that 29 NuEra can do with 800hp+ Not to mention it's an open bow and actually 30.5' OAL!
Old 05-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bert4332
The one thing that the Lavey 29 is different than all the others is that it's a BIG 29. 31'5 with the swim platform, John I would make 3 changes, I agree with Schweeng on the basic windshield, I would change the swim ladder to a hideaway fold down, and widen the doorway to the cabin. Those three things were the only complaints I ever had with my boat. If things go right for me in the next two years I'll be ordering a 32 with twins and those improvements mentioned above. John if you bring the new 29 our way let me know I'd like to get on it!

The Camires are for the most part pretty slim guys as a whole - Im guessing the door was created around Camire proportions.

The customer base wants a little bigger opening and widening the door opening is probably a mod that should be undertaken- of course that reduces mounting surface behind it and necessitates other changes but the feedback is important.

UD
Old 05-07-2016, 12:46 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

In the 3 set pics - funny Chris looks so serious - next time we have to give him a beer beforehand as a back seat driver.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Not sure how a newer 29 interior has been finished but all of my 29's after a run in some bumps had one thing in common....the center cushion in the rear was always on the floor. Maybe the interior could be changed or remount battery switch elsewhere.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Schweeng
Not sure how a newer 29 interior has been finished but all of my 29's after a run in some bumps had one thing in common....the center cushion in the rear was always on the floor. Maybe the interior could be changed or remount battery switch elsewhere.
Interesting, Ive never had that happen on my 2750, but my seat cushions are pretty tight.

Most guys take a minute or two to figure out how to actually bump them in the first time because they are so stiff.

Curious to you use the built in cooler or do you just grab a soft side when you go out?

UD
Old 05-08-2016, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine has a "built in cooler" next to the passenger seat that we never use, always just bring a soft sided ice chest. So I would personally rather just have storage space than a built in cooler...just making suggestions for when I one day order one
Old 05-08-2016, 02:22 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Thats great you guys are posting possible things & ideas to make better for the boat owner / end user. I have no problem with all feedback whether its positive or negative as I am sure Dave & Laveycraft would like to hear as well if there is anything else. Like with any boat its very hard to like everything about them 100%. Sure with any boat there is going to be things you like but it seems there is a few things that you are not going to like or really want to see improved upon. Everyone has different likes and dislikes. With that said do not be afraid if you have any other suggestions to change something or make it better regarless.

Years ago for myself and other new boat dealers, we would have our new boat dealer annual meetings for certain brands - all us dealers usually would meet at locations with a close by lake to test drive new current models. This also was the time for the dealers to throw out ideas what was needed to be changed or improved upon plus report feedback from the end user to the boat manufacturer(s) about past boat models.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
Mine has a "built in cooler" next to the passenger seat that we never use, always just bring a soft sided ice chest. So I would personally rather just have storage space than a built in cooler...just making suggestions for when I one day order one
Unless Im on a really long hot trip like a powell trip - my built ins end up holding dock line, towels and everything else I don't want in the gunwale storage and I go soft side.

On said long trip I typically load one side up with alcoholic beverages and the other side non and jam small bags of unopened ice on the sides and flood the rest fresh ice.

I do like that they drain to the bilge.

UD
Old 05-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I never used built in coolers or if I did it was to hold soft cooler....
Most of the time I kept items under the seat that I didn't regularly need. Don't really like to constantly move cushions all day long. Big bins in engine compartment are the bomb!!!!
Since we are bringing up items.... the interior lights on the ceiling between the berth area and couch area almost always pop out....
I think my girlfriend would love a "glove box" kinda thing on passenger side...(not boxy or cheap)..easy to stow, easy to get to when we slow down...side storage is just to large for smaller items (phones,etc.)
Please do not mess with the keyless-start....one of the little badass functions I love about this boat.... who needs keys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.