Notices

Anaconda?

Old 01-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 24degrees
I'm with ya man.......I like my Sports as stock as possible.

Rob, Aaron, Me too,, trying to find any of these old girls that havent been modified is almost impossible. In the past I have had a hand in doing that to many times. I will never change my Mirage's, windshield, and quiet exhaust, & stock seats are just fine with me. The only item i'm not sure of is weather I keep the swim platform on.
Attached Thumbnails Anaconda?-viewphoto-2.jpg  
Old 01-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah.....that Mirage is what I'm talking about.....that thing is perfect!......I'm not sure what it is about that era of boat?.......maybe it's because I was a kid at the time?.....they just do it for me.

I lost a lot of interest in boats after about 1982-83.......the molded swim platform is the root of all evil as far as I'm concerned.......teak swim platforms are cool sometimes.

Sorry....you got me off on a rant.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=senzaspectre;2390025]Seen Anaconda a couple seasons ago on LSC, It looked good from a far, but does need work, theres been alot of talk about it on another post..........[/ UOTE] got boat TOTALY knocked down, floor was rotted the hull is solid, the grinder marks were from the removal of the white number patch, all in all ,verry dry and solid
Old 01-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

[QUOTE=ironhead;2421009]
Originally Posted by senzaspectre
Seen Anaconda a couple seasons ago on LSC, It looked good from a far, but does need work, theres been alot of talk about it on another post..........[/ UOTE] got boat TOTALY knocked down, floor was rotted the hull is solid, the grinder marks were from the removal of the white number patch, all in all ,verry dry and solid
Rob good to here she is dry, floors area easy fix. I have found a great place that has a chrome powder coat, looks like stainless. This may be a alternative to re chroming your hardware ?? Good to here that Sparky found your hull sound. Here are a few more shots of your Mag back in the day.
Attached Thumbnails Anaconda?-anaconda-1.bmp   Anaconda?-anaconda1.bmp  
Old 02-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

after total tear-down theres no "id" number under the dash, i guess it is what it is VERRY LIGHT layup, its amazing what can be hid with bondo, when its done it will be rite but in spots it looks like swiss cheese
Old 04-20-2008, 12:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rob we need a update ! I stoped by Sparks shop two weeks ago and the hull looks great. How far along is it now, and what power are you going with ?? I have just the thing for you, [someone] left a Gale Banks turbo setup in my attic. It has ANACONDA wrote all over it !!!
Old 04-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by 24degrees
Thanks man!

Here's a pic of the boat that I think Mark posted awhile back.....
I took that picture at the Hennessey Grand Prix.. Kings Grant Inn Point Plesant N.J. in about 1974.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by lucky strike
I took that picture at the Hennessey Grand Prix.. Kings Grant Inn Point Plesant N.J. in about 1974.
Great shot of back in the day, and how hard it was to load a boat on a trailer with slings. Not having the cut outs in the traiker bunks for the slings, it would take forever to load race boats then. Using a 3 point lifting harness today at race sites is much safer and faster.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to see it getting fixed up! A family member used to own her, I see it sit for years at D'eath storage at palms road and M-29. I all ways Thought is was a very cool Boat!
Old 05-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by edz586
Good to see it getting fixed up! A family member used to own her, I see it sit for years at D'eath storage at palms road and M-29. I all ways Thought is was a very cool Boat!
Was that family member Joe ? She had a few owners in the last 10 years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.