Old. Magnum 27/28 wanted.

Notices

Old. Magnum 27/28 wanted.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New Floor

How wide does it come or is in layed in squares,is it glued or held in place by the side panels.I tried to locate this product before however never could fine a source for it. Bud
Old 11-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one work for you?

http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthread.php?t=11061
Old 11-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Kal,
You might be interested to know that Aronow's original 28 Maltese Magnum is being restored by OSO member "Vintage Offshore Classics". This is the single engine boat on page 75 in "Searace". The owner recently moved it from Seattle to Miami. I don't think he is interested in selling it though.
If your interested in a 1976 V-fairing 27 Magnum Sport hull, mine is for sale. Good luck!
Thanks for the information I will look forward to seeing the pictures of the refurb. to see if it looks like my old boat did. As I said to Bud we would prefer a flat deck sport but I would like to see any pictures of your boat you may have together with details of the spec. and the price please. Also where is it located as the RORO to England leaves from Baltimore.Thank.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Ian good luck on your hunt...I hope you find what you are looking for.If any group can find a specfice Magnum this group cam. Bud
Thanks Bud I`am sure about you group, nice to read about such spirit, good luck to you all I hope I can re-join the Magnum club oneday soon-Ian
Old 11-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Eddito
IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN MY 1974 MAGNUM SPORT CALL ME OR REPLY
Just got both motors back from the machine shop with new heads and scorpion roller rockers,thinking in maybe getting something faster like a cat or boat with twin out boards is ok. i will be willing to trade as well up or down
just did the floor and all new dash gauges.
reason of selling boat -- WANT TO GO A BIT FASTER.
CALL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS/ TOO MANY DETAILS TO LIST
305-7960318 EDDY
Eddy, yours is a very nice boat thanks but I would still like to do my own thing with a basic hull and flat deck ,keeping it as close to original as possible Can you give me any more information about the old Magnum you found in noth Miami please, the one with the engines out and the TRS drives . Thanks-Ian
Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

There is one here in the Houseton area that I found a little while back. I can try and see if the guy still has it.

Pricing was very reasonable, but it was a bi more work than I wanted to do at the time.

I started a thread on it here. Comes with trailer

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...ember-one.html

Mine is for sale as well. Can power it anyway you want or would make a deal less power. Mine is sitting on a 36' custom race trailer.

Here is a pic of mine.
Attached Thumbnails Old. Magnum 27/28 wanted.-creeds-poker-run-003.jpg   Old. Magnum 27/28 wanted.-magnum-current-004.jpg   Old. Magnum 27/28 wanted.-magnum-current-007.jpg  

Old 11-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mr. vinyl the floor comes 7 feet wide and you can get it as long as you want, its glue down with a two part epoxy and the floor only comes 4 colors /white,light gray,dark gray and black.
i went to Pantera boats here in miami and they quoted me $800.00 to do the floor job. then later that week a good friend of mine told me the place that i could buy the material, it cost me $250.00 and a half a day of work and its beautiful
THE PLACE IS CALL NATIONAL RUBBER AND MAT IN MIAMI FLORIDA
Old 11-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff1000man How Fast Is Your Boat? What Do You Have For Power And Drives? How Much Are You Looking To Get For It? Are You Looking For Some Kind Of Trade?
Old 11-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Eddito
Jeff1000man How Fast Is Your Boat? What Do You Have For Power And Drives? How Much Are You Looking To Get For It? Are You Looking For Some Kind Of Trade?
I had it to 72 with a NA 468CI engine that I built out of extra parts laying around my garage. It has a custom blown 468 in it now that is around 650. Ran 85@4800 with a 26P bravo.

Hvn't finished tuning it yet. Going to make a head swap this month. I pulled an 850HP blower engine out of my cat that I am going to put in for grins. Should put it into the 100's easy.

Has an XR drive that was built by Victory Marine here in TX. Had a warranty, but I am pretty sure it is expired by now. Has about 25 hours on it.

Boat is very fast with smallerish power. I think it's previous owner raced it with a 600hP NA engine. Raced P-5. If it was re propped it woud run in the 80's. Current engine should run it in the 90's when I get it tuned in. I am going to take it back out and put it on the dyno. I never finished the dyno work on it and ran out of time and had to get it in the boat for a poker run.

You get the idea of the spread. Handles like a dream.

I am just downsizing my toy collection for a little while. Don't really have to sell it. Have plans for a new hatch and upholstery this winter. and I am going to experiment with an an old BANKS twin turbo system that I picked up. It would be a classic set up in that boat.

Call me if you are really interested. I have lots of other power combos. I am even fixing to finish a totally restored 525SC, that would be cool in this boat.

Jeff 832-439-5304
Old 11-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jeff, thanks for the pictures of your boat. Do I assume that you have moved the cockpit back and lost the rear seat. I am trying to find an original sport layout, is it still there or has it all gone?-Ian

Quick Reply: Old. Magnum 27/28 wanted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.