Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Mid Atlantic US
Ocracoke/Morehead city >

Ocracoke/Morehead city

Notices

Ocracoke/Morehead city

Old 07-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hatteras to Chesapeake Bay for us but finished Toy so open to about 200 mile pulls. Work two weeks on then 5 days off. Lots of mini vacations .
Old 07-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by liveaboard74
Seen your post and just found this forum. Have a 31TE that I completely did a custom job on from electronics to 3000 watt stereo and was hoping to find a crowd that enjoyed just hanging out. From Wilmington NC area and we use to have the best time at Carolina Beach. Know motors, gas and diesel , racing, blown and turbo and got interested in looking for a hp boat but I can't find anyone that can even spell the thing in the area so we decided to custom the Fountain cc.
Live on the little river at Nixonton NC .Bought the point about 8 years ago. Custom towing rig ready with full slide out camper on the back for when we are on our adventures, so e mail me when you guys in Washington are having a get together and GF and I would really enjoy the trip.
[email protected]
Would also enjoy the South VA area but again we don't know anyone up there yet. LUKE & CYNTHIA
Sent you an email.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BillR
Latest info from last meeting:

THIS IS STARTING TO GET EXCITING (OBVIOUSLY I HAVE THE FULL INSIDE SCOOP) TRUST ME, ITS GONNA BE GOOD! There is alot of things that we are still trying to make happen - but if we stopped organizing today, the event will be quite impressive!!!!

If you are going to do this run, sign up!
Seriously, registrations have been coming in and exceeding our expectations. To ensure a spot, ensure t-shirts and enough of everything, we need the best possible head count - it would be wise to sign up as soon as you can.
We are getting close to cut off date for T-Shirts / Captains Bags (these will be oh so cool) / and other things.

I can not stress this enough - sign up now! I know about the economy, maybe things are tight for you this moment - if so then:
IF NOTHING ELSE - PRINT OUT AND SEND IN YOUR PAPERWORK AND MAIL YOUR CHECK LATER
or
You can safely sign up online. - make time to do it today. Website is: www.powerboatpokerrun.org

HOTEL Info
If you want a Hotel; the Sheraton Waterside is night next to the Waterside Marina / event. The hotel is very closed to being booked for the weekend, thus rooms are gonna be tough to get. We have a block of rooms with better than normal rates set up.
Call the Sheraton Waterside, tell you are in the American Cancer Society Powerboating for a Cure poker run and would like the $109.00 city rate or the $119.00 waterfront rate. http://www.sheratonnorfolkwaterside.com

Registration includes:
Manditory Capt. meeting Friday night - there will be a party afterwards - so bring your cignificant other and crew.
Friday nite party with band / food / and a cash bar
Capt. Bag for each boat
Dockage for Friday and Saturday Night at Waterside Marina!
Breakfast on the dock Saturday morning
Lunch for 2 at Kokomo's on Saturday with swimming pool.
Dinner for 2 at Awards Party, Dinner provided by Outback Steak House.
There will be a live auction - items will be good stuff - stuff you WILL WANT!
and more. . . . . . . . .

This event is a good value - docking for your boat, you'll be fed Fri nite, Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner. You'll be able to party like a rock star on Friday, your registration will also include a DVD video of the event. We are still working on more!!!!!

Again - to avoid any disappointment, sign up!

We have all kinds of boats entered - Go fast boats, Center Console boats, Cruisers, A jet ski, I think a Bass boat would round out the list.
Latest list as of 7-21-09 9am
4 Cigarette Top Guns
1 Cigarette 35
2 Formula 38's
2 Fountain 27's
1 Fountain 42'
1 Donzi 28
1 Scarab 33
1 Sunsation F4
1 Donzi 32
1 82' Sea Ray (I think) - will run the tender
1 Midnight Express
1 38 Fountain
1 30' Baja
33' Donzi
72' SeaRay
40' Fountain
33' Scarab Sport
26' Wellcraft
37' Intrepid
37' Intrepid
1 24 Switzer

The following have committed, but we have not yet received the entry fee:
2 Cigarette Cafe Racer
2 Cigarette Top Gun
1 27 Velocity
1 34 PowerQuest
1 29 Velocity
1 38 Hustler
1 35 Fountain
2 37 Active Thunder
38 Donzi
There are more, but I can't remember!

This is a new event, new organizers - the American Cancer Society has lots of pull and experience to draw upon; and we are doing exactly that!
We have gotten some very generous sponsors; lots of the aspects of this are coming together quite nicely - I am sure everyone will be impressed with what we are going to have for you - especially in such a short planning period - Heck; "I" am impressed at how well this is going!

Side notes:
William Braun is doing the dock assignments, contact him for your requests [email protected]
Just as I was typing this, many very good things came together this afternoon. Don't want to spoil the surprises, but you really don't want to miss this Poker Run!!
Some of the live auction items we have received are pretty cool! Can't wait to see how this turns out.
There will be displays on the boardwalk at the Marina

Bill
Check this Run Out not far from you and it will be a great time . There are 4 or 5 CC's in the run already