Smith Mountain Lake

Notices

Smith Mountain Lake

Old 08-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mwdill
no restrictions on speed, but they will right you up for reckless operation if you do it to close to other boaters, and DON'T spray the Va Dare (large paddle/river boat) you will definitely get a ticket! :

http://www.performance-images.com/Po...792272_hFZ3JBs
LOL! Is that why he got the ticket? I thought they got him for spraying the bridge.

http://www.performance-images.com/Powerboats
Old 08-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Swede
LOL! Is that why he got the ticket? I thought they got him for spraying the bridge.
one was as good as ther other!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Registered

Swede, you planning any more trips up here this year?
Old 08-29-2011, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mlb75
Didn't see any other threads about the lake so figured I'd start this one...

For those that have never been you're missing out on a real gem.

We're heading out for the weekend tomorrow, if anyone is out on the lake and see's us please say hi. We'll be in the all white 32 Spectre w/ outboards.

Pic's to follow when we get back.
I wasn't down this weekend by my Dad was. Sent me a pic of your boat tied up at the Bridge Friday. Said he saw ya again at Portside on Sat so it seems like you were hitting the spots

Hope ya had a good time as the i'm sure the wind that he said was down there made it nice riding weather for the cat!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Registered

If anyone's planning on being down Labor Day weekend, let me know as I can share the details of a little shindig going on

Last edited by drejustice; 08-29-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a great weekend, Friday was nice, there was a little wind on Sat but nothing to keep us tied up and it died down that evening, then Sunday was gorgeous. Water level was a little low so the water was cooler than I've normally seen it but still GREAT.

Will, we saw you guys out when we were on our way to Portside, wish we would have hooked up. Boat looked good, we were talking about it for awhile at lunch. It's nice to see other performance boats out there but will admit that this style boat seemed to shrink the lake. In years past Bridgewater was a hike, now it takes us like 7 minutes to get from over by Mariners Landing there...

We ran all over the lake this weekend made it up past the bridge by R86 I think it was and then up past the cliffs all the way to the where the sandbar literally went almost all the way across the river before we turned around on that part and went as far past the dam as we could.

As for noise it doesn't seem like they worry to much about that but are hard on you for safety oriented issues, IE no one on the bow even when pulling in towards the dock. As for trips we saw a 386 or 388 Sonic with trips on Sunday at Wallers.

We love the lake because of all the things mentioned above, the water is amazing, lots of places to go for cruising, swimming, eating, partying, and all the people we've ever met up there are just so darn good. It's hard to find a single fault. The only thing you have to watch is that with a performance oriented boat you do get a little more attention from the WP but my understanding is that's still a carry over from a few years ago when they had a few accidents with people doing a little to much partying and not paying attention. From my experience as long as you act like an adult if you're stopped you can normally get by with a warning (unless you hose down the road or a boat full of tourists, both of which I'd love to see on video)

One of these days I have little doubt we'll end up with a place up there and we'd love to make it back this weekend but already have plans here in the VB area for all three days.

Next time we decide to make it up there I'll try and post here sooner so there's more time to organize a meet or impromptu run.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mlb75
Had a great weekend, Friday was nice, there was a little wind on Sat but nothing to keep us tied up and it died down that evening, then Sunday was gorgeous. Water level was a little low so the water was cooler than I've normally seen it but still GREAT.

Will, we saw you guys out when we were on our way to Portside, wish we would have hooked up. Boat looked good, we were talking about it for awhile at lunch. It's nice to see other performance boats out there but will admit that this style boat seemed to shrink the lake. In years past Bridgewater was a hike, now it takes us like 7 minutes to get from over by Mariners Landing there...

We ran all over the lake this weekend made it up past the bridge by R86 I think it was and then up past the cliffs all the way to the where the sandbar literally went almost all the way across the river before we turned around on that part and went as far past the dam as we could.

As for noise it doesn't seem like they worry to much about that but are hard on you for safety oriented issues, IE no one on the bow even when pulling in towards the dock. As for trips we saw a 386 or 388 Sonic with trips on Sunday at Wallers.

We love the lake because of all the things mentioned above, the water is amazing, lots of places to go for cruising, swimming, eating, partying, and all the people we've ever met up there are just so darn good. It's hard to find a single fault. The only thing you have to watch is that with a performance oriented boat you do get a little more attention from the WP but my understanding is that's still a carry over from a few years ago when they had a few accidents with people doing a little to much partying and not paying attention. From my experience as long as you act like an adult if you're stopped you can normally get by with a warning (unless you hose down the road or a boat full of tourists, both of which I'd love to see on video)

One of these days I have little doubt we'll end up with a place up there and we'd love to make it back this weekend but already have plans here in the VB area for all three days.

Next time we decide to make it up there I'll try and post here sooner so there's more time to organize a meet or impromptu run.
glad y'all had a good time! we will hook up next time, the sonic at Waller's is actually his we have been after him for weeks to get out and play,
Like you said if you don't do anything stupid and are polite you shouldn't have any problems, we boat all the wall up till Thanksgiving weekend (weather permitting) and November is beautiful here so maybe you can come back before the season is over, the first weekend of Nov is the chili cookoff at bridgewater which our club enters every year and everyone has a great time!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drejustice
If anyone's planning on being down Labor Day weekend, let me know as I can share the details of a little shindig going on
I'm coming up Friday morning.

http://www.performance-images.com/Powerboats
Old 08-30-2011, 06:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Swede
I'm coming up Friday morning.
You've got mail
Old 09-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Registered

I was on the lake last weekend, (on my pontoon boat) and I saw your Spectre with the twin 300 Merc's. Pretty sweet ride. I new that I had not seen it before and wondered where it came from. I had the pontoon loaded down and could not take my Fountain. Its nice to see newbies with powerboats on the lake. Hope to see you again soon and glad you enjoyed the lake.

performance-images.com IMG_5739
29' Fountain Fever

Last edited by speedfever; 09-01-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.