Clinton Lake Illinois >

Clinton Lake Illinois

Notices

Clinton Lake Illinois

Old 11-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clinton Lake Illinois

Does anyone know if the boondock restaurant is getting new docks...I was over at the lake the other day and noticed they were dragging all them out with a tractor....hopefully they are getting new ones!
Old 11-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered

I have never been to clinton lake, all I know is my trailer had a clinton lake sticker on it when I got it..where is it at? How big is it? How it compare to say loto, or shelbyville..
Old 11-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Registered

Clinton lake is just a small local lake, its fun on the weekends but does not compare to LOTO at all...the lake is about 5 or 6miles long...personally I like it better than shelbyville because of the cops down there...they are sooo bad on shelbyville! Clinton lake is a power plant lake, the lake is used to cool it so at any given day in the summer parts of the lake are around 90 plus degrees, it stays pretty warm year around. Its located about 40 minutes west of champaign or about a good hour north of shelbyville. In recent years it has been much more fun then years past due to the increased boats coming up from shelbyville and other areas.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

4,900 acre lake. Much smaller than Shelbyville. Not as clean and not as many coves.

http://clintonlakemarina.com/

I slip on Dock 3. Pretty good group of local boaters we raft off with every weekend.

As for the docks at Boondock's, I hope they have a bonfire with them. I've never tied up to them. I just tie up to the ramp docks if I am going to grab some food.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by onestrghtridaa
Clinton lake is just a small local lake, its fun on the weekends but does not compare to LOTO at all...the lake is about 5 or 6miles long...personally I like it better than shelbyville because of the cops down there...they are sooo bad on shelbyville! Clinton lake is a power plant lake, the lake is used to cool it so at any given day in the summer parts of the lake are around 90 plus degrees, it stays pretty warm year around. Its located about 40 minutes west of champaign or about a good hour north of shelbyville. In recent years it has been much more fun then years past due to the increased boats coming up from shelbyville and other areas.
Is your boat yellow or red?
Old 11-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Registered

My 280 is all white with yellow and orange stripes...I hated those docks! I usually tied up to the ramp docks too.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by onestrghtridaa
My 280 is all white with yellow and orange stripes...I hated those docks! I usually tied up to the ramp docks too.
I know your boat. Seen it in Housboat Cove before.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Registered

Yeah, I am usually out there...I try to go out every weekend I can unless I am at LOTO!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wimps! I have tied up there many of times with mine when I use to boat there.. lol Now that being said I have not been there for the past 3 years and they were in bad shape then. I would guess they just pull them out for the season, she does not have any money to fix them, trust me on that. She got them for free or they would not even be there now. It would be nice to see newer ones there but I doubt that will happen.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Registered

She has a great rib eye sandwich there tho. It's too bad a lot of places on the water don't realize how much business they lose because of bad docks. Capt'n Ron's on the Il River is another example

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.