Clinton Lake Illinois

Notices

Clinton Lake Illinois

Old 12-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
I did see a blackhawk helicopter circle us in party cove once though
There is a small stunt plane that buzzes the boats in Houseboat Cove on Clinton at least a couple of times during the season. Cool as hell. That is until it ends up in someone's cockpit! We also keep waiting for a surface to air missle to streak out the western horizon where the plant is and take it out!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
I've never been on Labor day, memorial day, or the 4th of july cause water patrol is bad everywhere those days. I seriously only saw water patrol 2 times all summer long. I did see a blackhawk helicopter circle us in party cove once though

You must be the Skater that I've heard runs there sometimes
must be

have made some nice passes back by Eagle creek ..see ya in 2011
Old 12-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its been a few years since I was up there. (Clinton) Had a good time untill I got back to the ramps and someone had ran into my boat trailer and scratched it up... (Thanks for the invisible note w phone number whoever!) I havent been back since. However my old boat has been back up there quite a bit this past year from visiting w the new owner. (30 Conquest Enforcer w Red n Yellow Stipes) (Maybe you saw it this past year?) He says its been good times there. Maybe I will take a weekend and run up there in 2011.. besides with the new engine I am building, I will need to get away from the 40mph speed limit down here at Mill Creek for some prop selection and fine tuning.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes they just added two new aluminum docks at the boondocks grill and bait, I believe they are 20 feet long
Old 06-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by gare
She has a great rib eye sandwich there tho. It's too bad a lot of places on the water don't realize how much business they lose because of bad docks. Capt'n Ron's on the Il River is another example
Agreed!!