Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
525 Exhaust >

525 Exhaust

Notices

525 Exhaust

Old 12-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a 1 inch spacer that goes on your lower unit which creates your prop to get 1 inch deeper into the water ...I will see if I can find a picture
Old 12-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Registered

Found a picture not the best ....The spacer sits right above the Skag....Its the Flat black piece

Hammm Not sure why but I can`t seam to post pictures anymore ....I always use to be able to but my upload button is gone

Last edited by boatingbent; 12-05-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Registered

Bob, I have a set of stock 525 tailpipes that came with the motor also, trying to keep from cutting more holes in the back. The Motor and drive came out of a 35 lightning, and I also got a B1 32' prop thats gonna be for sale soon.

Bent, I would like to see a pic of the spacer too, if you can get it to post. I have done the research but never actually seen one on a boat.

Derek
Old 12-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by boatingbent
Found a picture not the best ....The spacer sits right above the Skag....Its the Flat black piece

Hammm Not sure why but I can`t seam to post pictures anymore ....I always use to be able to but my upload button is gone

That does happen if your OSO.COM subscription lapses.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tail Pipes and Prop...

Hey Derek,

After doing a little reading here, good engine choice for your application! Honestly, $1,500 for tail pipes (depending on exactly what they are) is not a bad price. I know Nordic usually, runs the exhaust out the side which will be atleast a 1 bend, jacketed tails.

As for the spacer, leave the set-up you have now because chances are that is going to be perfect.

On your boat, I would try either a bigger Bravo 1 or a Hydromotive P5X to help get the bow out of the water. You want to maybe run the X higher in your v to help prevent to much porpoise or chine walk.

Give me a call and I can help get you a good quote for a new set of tails from CMI and also provide a bit more info regarding the set-up with your boat! -Eric

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE
www.teaguecustommarine.com
Old 12-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Hi Derek,
I don't think you'll be able to buy direct from CMI. I think they sell exclusively through OEMs, dealers, and accessory guys like Teague. So that leaves Nordic, Bob, and Teague as your best options, and of course Nordic and Bob have the correct dimensions already. Teague sent us some pretty detailed diagrams to get the correct dimensions on Butch's tailpipes.
It's hard to beat 5 blades on Heats. We've had good success with the Hydromotives and Herrings. Hydromotive has a test program to help you determine which pitch is correct for your boat. Re the spacer, I never could get a B1 4 blade to work on my boat without a 1", which I still run, even with the 5 blade.
It doesn't seem to mind the extra depth.
Regards,
Steve
Steve,

In your extensive prop and spacer testing on your Heat, did you try any larger diameter Bravos or PX5s for the extra bow lift?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rage
Steve,

In your extensive prop and spacer testing on your Heat, did you try any larger diameter Bravos or PX5s for the extra bow lift?
My boat needed more bow lift when I bought it. When you got on the trim, the Rs and rooster tail came up, but the boat just laid in the water. This was caused by 19.25" XD (too high) and a Merc lab 30" B1 with most of the cup removed (what they usually do if you don't get specific on your application), which the previous owner ordered. Every Bravo 1 I have used was 15.25"s in diameter, and the P5s are 15"s so I can't say I tried any larger diameters in these props. The testing I did was lower drive housings (went from dwp XR to Imco), prop modifications (thinning, balancing, sharpening, extra cup), different brands (mostly Merc 4 blades and Hydro 5 blades), and adding a 1" spacer. My daily driver is a Throttle Up blueprinted Hydro 29" P5-X. It has great acelleration, low slip %, good bow lift, and handles very well @ wot in all conditions. I will try a friend's Herring next spring.
I did test a highly modified Maximus, which was cut down to a 15 3/8" dia x 30" pitch (I think, it's been a while). Although it did have good lift, it handled like sheet over 80. The boat was all over the place.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 12-09-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Registered

I got the boat out of the shop wednesday. Everything went great!! It all just pretty much plugged in. There were just a few minor issues. I'll post pics when I figure out how to resize them. LOL Here is the boat just before I took it in. Tailpipes will be here at the first of the week..
Attached Thumbnails 525 Exhaust-img_0242.jpg  
Old 12-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Registered

Here are a few more. They are terrible pics, I still can't resize them right. But you can see that it's there..

Derek
Attached Thumbnails 525 Exhaust-img_0248.jpg   525 Exhaust-img_0249.jpg   525 Exhaust-img_0250.jpg  

525 Exhaust-img_0251.jpg   525 Exhaust-img_0241.jpg  
Old 12-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Registered

Just kidding! Here it is

Derek
Attached Thumbnails 525 Exhaust-img_0252.jpg   525 Exhaust-img_0254.jpg   525 Exhaust-img_0255.jpg  

525 Exhaust-img_0257.jpg   525 Exhaust-img_0241.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.