Newbe Prop Guidence >

Newbe Prop Guidence

Notices

Newbe Prop Guidence

Old 06-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Newbe Prop Guidence

Need some advice on what to get and where to buy...

Just got home today from a weekend at our lake of choice in New Mexico. Ran out the new to us boat (Nordic Rage 496HO) and need a new propeller.

The boat came from Havasu with a Bravo 1 26P 4-Blade. I borrowed a buddys 22P Bravo 1 and got the following results:

Elevation 6100'
GPS Speed 61.5
RPM 4900-5000

I put the 26P back on and was only able to get 4500RPM @ WOT so I oviously need something smaller.

Thinking maybe a 24P. I have been told to stay with the Bravo 1 and rework it if needed.

All reccomendations on what to get and where to buy will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steven
Old 06-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the Nordic Forum and congratulations on your new to you Rage. It is interesting how high elevation has a negative effect on performance.
I think you are heading in the right direction with the 24" B1. It will probably pull your RPM back 200/250 RPM, but you can get some of that back with blueprinting, 150 RPM+ or -.
If there is a local propeller store with experience building props for high elevations, that would be good. If there isn't, BBlades does a great job, and has a propeller test program.
www.bblades.com
Regards,
Steve