Rage trim tab? >

Rage trim tab?

Notices

Rage trim tab?

Old 02-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rage trim tab?

I have been searching this forum for witch trim tab i should run. I have a 07 rage with a 496ho i am running 71.5 mph on gps hitting 5100 to 5200 rps with a bravo 1 4 blade. allot of different places say different things. I was wondering what size, brand, type other people are running? I would like to keep the price on the easy side of the wallet if possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

hmmmmm, i've pondered this very question myself and found its not so much the brand of tab but the "sweet spot" on the mounting location, though i am curious what your experiencing that leads you to putting tabs on, i have never had any situation that would lead me to buying them, btw WELCOME TO OSO!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Registered

Had Bennetts on my Rage, rarely used them.
They are nice to have to smooth the ride in the rough or even out an uneven load, but I don't think you'll get any performance benefits on the small Rage.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Registered

i Would like to calm down the bow lift out of the whole and take care of the uneven load
Old 02-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Registered

do you know what size you had??
Old 02-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Registered

I have Lenco (will confirm size) on my Rage (believe I have the 12w x 14L) I have the Performance version, black powder coated, single actuator. I went with them as I felt they were an easier installation vs Bennett. I had Bennetts on my last boat, they are also excellent tabs. What you need to watch out for is your ladder. Make sure you measure the clearence you have with your ladder down if you want to use the ladder after installing them. All things being equal, I would have perferred 1 size up to provide a bit more leverage but use of the ladder is a family requirement. The Lenco's work fine, had them on since 2007, no issues. I use them for wake boarding to keep the boat on plane and the bow down at slower speeds. When they are down, there is little to no bow rise at takeoff - the boat just lifts out of the water. I also use them in rough water to reduce the bow bounce, especially when I have people in the front on a Sat afternoon. They work fine for both those applications. I do not use them at high speed (ie: over 60 mph), so I can't speak to their effectiveness at high speed stability. My boat runs in the low 70's and I really don't have any stability issues at those speeds that require tabs. I do not have the indicators installed. My understanding was the the Lenco indicators were not actual position indicators, but simply how long you have held the switch up/down. For my use, I really don't need the indicators. If indicators are important to you, I would go with a brand that has a physical sensor as to the tab position.

Hope this helped. Will confirm the size I have installed as soon as I can.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Dana tabs on my Rage (HP-750 or HP-900 not sure until I get home and verify). I use them when I first come out of the hole, to adjust for load in the boat and if water conditions get rough. They were on the boat when I got it. Not sure that you really need them but they sure are nice to have. I have the Dana indicator, although where it's mounted in a PITA to see. Also if the tabs are up the ladders will hit them so I have to put the tabs down to use the ladders.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Registered

thanks