Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Philadelphia Area >

Philadelphia Area

Notices

Philadelphia Area

Old 05-21-2009, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool ! Sounds like a cool ride . All I could afford was an old Kevlar 32 Skater , one of few Built with Outboards back in the 90 's it raced under name Stylin , My racing days are done , just want to have cool pleasure boat . Back in the day it had 3-280 hp mercs it ran 115 , now I'm rigging it with 2-new 300 XS and it will be very slow , they tell me 100 when dialed in . that is a turd for a skater . Won't have it long looking for 36 Skater and build my own power .

Larry
Old 05-21-2009, 06:30 AM
Registered

I remember 'Stylin'. Sounds like a cool project. Do you think you will be out this season? I am hoping to be done and tested by July but I'm not holding my breathe. I found a cool boat, it really doesn't need much except motors needed an overhaul.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:37 AM
Registered

I'm buying one 07 300 xs maybe this weekend with only 56 hours it , so all I need is one more , probably late July early Aug
Old 05-21-2009, 01:48 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This coming Sunday looks like it's gonna be the day. Everything should be OK. I have a line to the port oil pressure gauge leaking that I will fix Fri night. Load up all the vests and stuff and get to the ramp as early as possible. I know I'll be looking like the real amature since this will be the first time trying to float it off of the trailer. Had it in the water just the one time when I picked it up but they had a travel lift and slings. Wish me luck! I could use some directions on how to get to those ramps down Delaware way if anyone has them. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:55 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Hey Activator, I think there is a 36' Skater up in Kurt's Marine without power for sale. Has a set of #5's on it and I think the exhaust is there as well with a trailer. One of his customers boats. I should be up ther next week I'll see if it's still there. I was looking at it for my next boat if I like the Cat ride?
Old 05-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
This coming Sunday looks like it's gonna be the day. Everything should be OK. I have a line to the port oil pressure gauge leaking that I will fix Fri night. Load up all the vests and stuff and get to the ramp as early as possible. I know I'll be looking like the real amature since this will be the first time trying to float it off of the trailer. Had it in the water just the one time when I picked it up but they had a travel lift and slings. Wish me luck! I could use some directions on how to get to those ramps down Delaware way if anyone has them. Thanks!
I'll be doing night watch friday night at the YC if you need a hand with anything. Howard.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:21 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Thanks Howard. I have night work at the Fireboat on Fri night so I'll be pulling it out tomorrow afternoon and taking it to work with me. Hopefully when I bring it back they will have most of those boats in the water and I can get a better parking spot up front instead of jammed in the back like I am now. Thanks for the offer. I have the watches on the 24th and 25th next week. I want to get them out of the way early this season.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
I have the watches on the 24th and 25th next week. I want to get them out of the way early this season.
Great minds think alike.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:18 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Well, I managed to drop the boat in this morning. On the up side the Croyden ramp was great. Pleanty of water even at low tide and the concrete was pleanty long enough to back the truck and trailer in to the rear wheels. I had to sink the fenders in like 2 feet under before the boat floats off. The boat ran great. No idea on speed but I was able to get over the 5000rpm mark with the 28's. Next time out I'll try the 26's. It starts to porpous a little at about 4800 with some more driving time I should be able to work through it. Only problem we had today was neither battery bank was charging and both went dead forcing us to limp back on one engine after the one stalled. I'm a little confused and refuse to believe that both alt's went bad at once. I'm thinking that the battery switch is the problem? There is only one switch for both batteries/ both engines. Any thoughts? Night watch tonight and tomorrow night. I almost forgot! I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend!
Old 07-01-2009, 10:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Time to go out in the Delaware River; traveling north, up the river tomorrow. Prop testing and lunch, hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.