Philadelphia/Delaware River Area >

Philadelphia/Delaware River Area

Notices

Philadelphia/Delaware River Area

Old 03-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 172 Likes on 86 Posts

Normally boat Lake Hopatcong. Not sure if Ill be doing any boating in Philly area. Any good events? Might do the Hudson River Fun Run in May, if I can boat ready in time.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No not really any type of events. Just thecity if you wanted to run there.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:44 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing really to do in the Philly area, anchor up with friends a few random events during the season but nothing really boat related. Had the Flutag thing last year but it was a mad house. I hope they have it again only a little more organized. I don't think they where slightly ready for the number of boats that showed up. I think they thought it would be a more land spectator event. WRONG!. The best fun we have is going down to the Chesepeak Bay for weekends where there's places to go and people to see. We trailer down since the water route is pretty boring and nothing to do until you hit the canal on the bay side anyway. Waste of fuel IMO. It would be great to get some more boats going and they have a few events on the bay each year.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would run down with you fireboat..
Old 03-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Registered

I'm lookin' to do a few Chesapeake runs also! Water or towing! Maybe put something together??
Old 03-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Registered

its a nice ride by water down to the chesapeake. nice scenery, did it twice last year from croydon down to jellyfish joels nice ride. they have canal day down at the chesapeake inn on the c&d, its good times just plan on being there for a while.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:43 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

For the amount of fuel I would burn just to get there it's not worth it to me to take the water. It takes me an hour from my front door to the Holiday Inn in Northeast MD where we stay. Plenty of parking for boats and trailers, nice clean rooms, reasonable rates and it's 5 minutes from the ramp next to the Goose. I should be ready to go in a few weeks like mid May. I know Mookymonkey is always in although he hasn't chimed in yet. Probly still has jet lag from the back and forth to Fla. all winter, Boo-Hoo. Everyone post when their up and running and I will post in plenty of time when the first trip down is going to be. Should be a blast. I should be out on the river before then. Hope to be out the first week in may when my kid is home from Marine boot camp for a few days.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Registered

my lowers are going back together this week and I'm ready..
Old 04-02-2011, 02:42 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Engines are back in! Gonna put in 1" spacers to lower the props down a bit before we do the first test run. Last season the azz was getting loose over 100 and running the 36's, still needed alot more prop. I picked up 2 sets of 1:36 gears for the lowers but want to see how the boat handles first just lowering the "X" a little before we go changing gears and playing with more props. I'm thinking 120 isn't out of reach! Goin up Monday to start on the new windshields.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Registered

count me in!!! i use to do that run every weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.