Philadelphia/Delaware River Area

Notices

Philadelphia/Delaware River Area

Old 03-19-2011, 12:11 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Philadelphia/Delaware River Area

Ok, Who else has the bug? These last few days, the weather has got it going for me.

The boat is back on the trailer, all the modifications went great, new axles, complete new brake system, lines master cyln. backing plates the works. New bunks and carpet, and a slide in drive guard. All I have left is some touch up paint, new decals and wiring for the lights. MYCO would be proud.

My canvas survived the loads of snow all winter, Thanks to the guys at Kurts keeping it cleared of regularly.

The engines should be going back in next week. New, bigger oil pans. Installing a pair of Imco puke takes to scavage the crank case pressure and the oil mist from the valve covers so that should take care of that constant mess. Little swim platform inbetween the extension boxes to make it a little easier for the little woman to get in and out of the boat. I'm going up this week to start installing the new wind shield panels. Should be ready to hit the water the first week of May or so, not like July last season.

I'm really looking forward to this year, pplanning on doing the Chesapeke on a regular basis and the river in between. So let me know who else is ready and when the expected launch dates are. See you all out there.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully I will be in the water in a few weeks. It has been a long winter and it doesnt need to be that warm to go for a ride.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be ready
Old 03-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi guys. I probably will not have the cig out for a while. I have to prepare the Ocean for the season. (Wax, lots of wax, cleaning go over everything). I hope i can find a buyer this year for it. Fuel is really hurting that though. It is good on fuel running 22kts at 25 gph. Not bad for a big boat.

Look for the Allicat running the river. Slow down next to me if you want i will slow up and make some big rolling waves for you. Maybe i will have a camera with me. Ill have to carry it with me more often.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Allicat, was your cig listed on Bass Barn at one time? Think I contacted you when I was mystique shopping.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Registered

yes. I removed it right after i talked to you. Was on the fence about selling one of the boats but things were working out. There is no market for the Ocean. I will keep the cig for a while. Sorry to lead you on.

So you got one. If i remember you were in jersey up north. Whats your thoughts on the boat.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No problem, all worked out and found one i liked. I think the boat is great, get a lot for 30ft. Perfect for where I boat, and yet easy enough to trailer anywhere.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These last cpl days have me amp'd to get in the water
Old 03-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I was amped up, until we got snow today in North Jersey....
Old 03-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Registered

Got cigs. Are you planning on bringing your boat to philly area for some boating? Where do you normally run the boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.