Bob DeVries 33' scarab 4 people
Old 09-21-2016, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it is 9w is more back roads
Old 09-21-2016, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Can anyone recomend a hotel in that area for this event? Close to the marina etc etc? Were coming from MA and don't know to much about the area . Thanks
Old 09-21-2016, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

You can call the Hampton inn. 845-782-9600. That is where everyone is staying. We have 18 rooms already booked. I had a discounted price set up till the 15th. Call and ask for Kristy Tobar. she is the manager. Ask if she could honor the special price for you. Its under Hudson River Boat Run # 093016. We will be getting together Friday and Saturday nights , right by the hotel.
Originally Posted by Bostonirish
Can anyone recomend a hotel in that area for this event? Close to the marina etc etc? Were coming from MA and don't know to much about the area . Thanks
Old 09-21-2016, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

That's great thanks. Is it the Hampton inn near the tappan zee? Before I book i just want to make sure
Old 09-22-2016, 04:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 494 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Bostonirish
That's great thanks. Is it the Hampton inn near the tappan zee? Before I book i just want to make sure
It is the Hampton INN (Harriman/Woodbury)
Old 09-22-2016, 10:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 494 Likes on 230 Posts

Hello All,

We are one week away from our 2016 Hudson Fun Run. I want to thank everyone for getting monies to me...very helpful. I also want to thank Jonathon for all his help assisting me with coordinating this event. This run is going to be amazing. There is going to be some serious hardware attending. So now for some specifics...

The plan is to be on plane by 11:30am. I need all boat owners ONLY to check in with me before launching your boat Saturday morning. You will be handed wrist bands for your entire crew that you have pre-paid for. Of course you can pay me for any additional crew you have with you that morning. IT IS A MUST to get registered with me before launching your boat. There is going to be a lot of boats and we need everyone to be patient while launching boats. There will be plenty of hands around to help. I ask that we keep the traffic of people around the launch ramp to a minimum so we keep everyone safe. Have your crew relax till you have your boat docked. The folks that are running their boats to the marina MUST ALSO CHECK IN WITH ME to acquire wrists bands etc.

Jonathon and I have gotten the folks at the Hudson River Maritime Museum to allow us to utilize their docks for this event in addition to the docks at the Old Savannah Restaurant. Jonathon and I are making a donation to the museum for allowing us to use their docks. This is the beginning of a relationship that will be for the years to come. The museum is giving us all free entrance to check out the museum during our time there. You MUST have a wrist band to enter. They are having an event there later that afternoon so we must all be out of the museum by 3pm. The boats do NOT have to leave their docks we just need to be out of the museum.

As it is nearly impossible for me to have assigned docking, we will discuss how we want things to go at the driver's meeting prior to our departure along with additional information to share. We will have the driver's meeting no later than 1045am. ALL DRIVER'S MUST BE IN ATTENDANCE. PLEASE HAVE YOUR CREW READY YOUR BOAT AT THIS TIME. There will be certain docking assignments that I will identify to all at the driver's meeting. I will be handing out a rough outline sheet to all driver's of how we want docking to be once we arrive at Kingston. PLEASE, make sure you have plenty of lines, LARGE bumpers with covers so we protect everyone's investment..( ya, like a boat is a investment.....). OF COURSE, PLEASE BE SURE NOT TO BE WEARING SHOES WHILE STEPPING ACROSS OTHER'S BOATS...someone may get shot....lol. Once your boat is docked I ask that you have your crew head directly into the restaurant and relax till we get all boats docked. The floating docks are difficult with 150+ people standing on them. Once everyone is docked we can all at that time roam around and enjoy the boats.

For those coming in from out of town and staying at the Hampton Inn, really anyone that wants to join us, Jonathon is coordinating space for us to have dinner at the local feed stop...LMAO (really can not remember the restaurant name). My Maryland crew will be at the hotel no later then noon on Friday...chilling in the parking lot tinkering with our boats and basically drinking.......come one come all to hang out.

Please be sure to share this post with everyone...some do not frequent OSO...lord knows I should spend more time working..... I and Jonathon again thank all of you for participating in this event. Hopefully mother nature will be kind to us all. Remember that our rain date is Sunday October 2nd...lord willing we won't have to even think about that.

So now that I've typed the last of my official information posts, let the banter begin.... Safe travels to all and look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Thanks,

Chris (AKA- Badmonkey)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559661[/ATTACH]
I know, the transom is dirty...don't judge me...lol
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Hudson Friends and Family Fun Run-img_1663.jpg  

Last edited by badmonkey; 09-22-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody likes a dirty rear Chris!!!
Old 09-22-2016, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to the run....let's all be safe and remember to wear life jackets and our lanyards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.