Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
OSS coming back to LOTO in 2013??? >

OSS coming back to LOTO in 2013???

Notices

OSS coming back to LOTO in 2013???

Old 01-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
I think that the last time OSS was in town they invited POPRA to also take part. these are more of the west coast guys. Being in the middle of the country allows for some of this "co-mingling".

With all of the powerboats at LOTO, and the class structure of OSS, I would think there would be plenty of boats racing. It will sure give alot of folks the opportunity to "walk the walk".

It will be a great venue!
boats need kill switches and intercoms for each person in boat plus safety gear etc. Everyone is making it sound like a run what you brung event and its not that easy.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You want boat count? Go with O.P.A. racing
Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who is OSS now? I thought they went to APBA or P1 whatever it is.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 36Tango
With all of the powerboats at LOTO, and the class structure of OSS, I would think there would be plenty of boats racing. It will sure give alot of folks the opportunity to "walk the walk".
Jeff, as hard as it is to get some folks to try the Shootout or lay down a number with their boat, I'm afraid I don't feel quite as optimistic as you do.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Registered

OSS considers themselves THE premier racing organization. They usually only allow closed canopy boats and only allow Mercury racing engines, since they are owned and operated by Mercury racing. They usually only draw a small handful of boats, unless they allow another smaller group to join their events. OSS rarely allows amateurs to join their races. That would be beneath them.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Norman Bates
OSS considers themselves THE premier racing organization. They usually only allow closed canopy boats and only allow Mercury racing engines, since they are owned and operated by Mercury racing. They usually only draw a small handful of boats, unless they allow another smaller group to join their events. OSS rarely allows amateurs to join their races. That would be beneath them.
Really...learn something new everyday...
Old 01-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Huh, what, owned by Mercury? Wow, I am on the board of OSS and didn't know any of these things.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Huh, what, owned by Mercury? Wow, I am on the board of OSS and didn't know any of these things.

I am glad to see that you found this thread! can you give us lake of the Ozarks guys any insights on how OSS goes about putting on races, specifically what classes there are, and what it takes to enter. If we can figure it out early, maybe we can have more racers involved. It will be a great weekend at the lake!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

OSS basically offers the same classes as everyone else. They have DO have STRICT safety and technical guidelines so just make sure that you have all of your proper equipment in working order. They have a few structure base on the pro am and super series classes as well as PRIZE MONEY that is paid out at the race site. IF LOTO can come up with the necessary $$$$ to put this event on, that I know they are working on, it should be a great show for the fans. I believe you can find info about fees at www.OffshoreSuperSeries.com
Old 01-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Racer
Racer

What are your talking about? OSS may not have the largest boat count but they run a very professional ship (so to say) and as far as Mercury only motors ?? Thats far from accurate, just look at the SVL class..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.