Cat fight class 5? >

Cat fight class 5?

Notices

Cat fight class 5?

Old 05-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
funny how a cat might show up and all hell breaks loose. but no one complains that certain racers constantly run 800-900 hp ++++ engines.
Who woke you up lmao
Old 05-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
funny how a cat might show up and all hell breaks loose. but no one complains that certain racers constantly run 800-900 hp ++++ engines.
Noone in C5 is over 750
Old 05-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Registered

I was going to buy a 24 skater and have Sarris build me a engine for it so i could race in class 5,
Old 05-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by innerrage
I was going to buy a 24 skater and have Sarris build me a engine for it so i could race in class 5,
24? Hell, run that in 6!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Registered

Can that run in 6? Good question
Old 05-07-2012, 07:17 AM
Driver-441
Racer

If a 28 cat can run 5, why couldnt a 24 run 6? This is the problem lol
Old 05-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Not trying to be a smart ass but can a cat turn better than a vee at 75 MPH? Does inboard vs out board make a differance in a cat turning? The big question in my mind would be is there an advantage to turning and excellaration when you conpair. At 75 MPH I will challange anyone in a straight line in the ocean or river. Its the turns that really should be looked at. Twins dominate in turns hands down no questions period. In boards or outboards same results. Now its the same thing with cats vs vee's. In the spirit of the sport we need as many boats in as few classes as possable.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Not trying to be a smart ass but can a cat turn better than a vee at 75 MPH? Does inboard vs out board make a differance in a cat turning? The big question in my mind would be is there an advantage to turning and excellaration when you conpair. At 75 MPH I will challange anyone in a straight line in the ocean or river. Its the turns that really should be looked at. Twins dominate in turns hands down no questions period. In boards or outboards same results. Now its the same thing with cats vs vee's. In the spirit of the sport we need as many boats in as few classes as possable.
I agree with Randy we need more boats but where is the line? OPA grandfathered us and the other twin engine boats. What happens with cats? Let one in and then find out if they fit or not? I'm all ears
Old 05-07-2012, 09:37 AM
VIP Member

Sorry to let this get so far out of control.
Class 5 is a V bottom class 30ft and under. Panther, Whoz Your daddy, and Specialized granfathered in.
These rules were decided upon by the teams in the class, and enforced by the OPA.
The class has the option of a vote to allow another boat into the class, that does not fit the current rules.
While we do not want to turn any boat away, we do want to keep the stucture of racing in place.
Can that particular cat out run the V's? No. But you open the door to others, who maybe can. We
have seen this in the past. But, just because you vote one in, keep in mind this does not make it automatic for another. The class would still have to vote. In this instance you have a Cat that cannot compete in class 4, so what does he do? Walk away? My suggestion here would be, have the registered teams in Ocean City look at this boat, and we'll sit and discuss what to do. I know a vote was taken by the class Via Email, unfortunately that does not hold water. A vote must be witnessed by an OPA Offical.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Agreed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.