Cat fight class 5? >

Cat fight class 5?

Notices

Cat fight class 5?

Old 05-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat fight class 5?

ok what's all the chatter about a lil itty bitty cat coming out in class 5?
What's the pros and cons?
Are there any?
what do any of the other v classes that have been infiltrated buy these seemingly harmless little fury critters have to say?
If there are more then one can they have there own litter box to play in?
Call it CAT 5?
Is it like the rest of the boats in 5? certain advantages in some water conditions and certain disadvantages in others?
Don't want to get under any ones flee collar here just want to know what's on every ones mind.
And according to the rules there is no mention of v boats only. But I understand its been understood to be that way?

Ok bash me
Mike O
531 Whoz your cat killer
I mean Daddy
Old 05-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Registered

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV4xo_rF-oo[/YOUTUBE] Here's Johnny... Saris. LOL too easy. I have some kind of feeling he will be all over this thread. Anyway... I'd think that with all of the ocean races this year that it would equal out... but what do I know.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Its not this boat I have a problem with, Ive been vocal about that. Although...it IS a Class 4 boat currently...you cant just keep lowering yourself in classes until you win.BUT...it sets a terrible precedent. What about when some guy with a 28 Skater shows up? How can ya tell him no? And anyone who owns a Vee Bottom under 30 foot and thinks they can keep up with a 28 Skater in the ocean has never run a 28 Skater. It is what It is I guess but simply put-
Class 4 vs. Class 4
Vees vs Vees
Cats vs Cats

Nice post by Whoz Your Transom Killer up there lol

Last edited by TeamSaris; 05-03-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=fast fun 2;3678732]Its not this boat I have a problem with, Ive been vocal about that. Although...it IS a Class 4 boat currently...you cant just keep lowering yourself in classes until you win.BUT...it sets a terrible precedent. What about when some guy with a 28 Skater shows up? How can ya tell him no? And anyone who owns a Vee Bottom under 30 foot and thinks they can keep up with a 28 Skater in the ocean has never run a 28 Skater. It is what It is I guess but simply put-
Class 4 vs. Class 4
Vees vs Vees
Cats vs Cats

Agreed...and by the way the same thing happened in the old B Class in the early nineties...and that was a few single engine cats racing against twin engine vee bottoms.No offense to the single engine inboard cat team;but there are certain configurations that dont fit well in any class.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I posted this in the other thread and I guess might need to be reposted over here. But when you guys start proposing rule changes, I ask that you keep a few things in mind: How will they be enforced and what is the cost to do so?, and quit creating new classes, pretty soon we'll be having a purse of $500.00 per class with all the additions. Per the rule book now, yes a 28 skater a 30 DW are all legal for C5, either propose modifications to prevent further sandbagging or live with it.....

Here's a suggestion for ya'll: Pitch X RPM's X .01(slip) / Gear Ratio / 12= speed. Then place the boats in the appropriate bracket. How do you feel about changing your number to 317 Johnny?

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
This is copied from page 40 of the "Official OPA Rulebook"

PERFORMANCE CLASSES
DESIGINATION TOP SPEED NUMBER
Class X Up to 150 MPH X-#
Class 1 Up to 115 MPH *** 1-#
Class SV Up to 105 MPH SV-#
Class 3 Up to 95 MPH 3-#
Class 4 Up to 85 MPH 4-#
Class 5 Up to 75 MPH ** 5-#
Class 6 Up to 70 MPH* 6-#
*Performance Class 6 is designed as an entry level class. No boats over 26
feet in length and no boats with twin engines may compete in this class.
**The Performance 5 class is limited to boats 30 ft and under with single or twin engines.
Performance Class 1 Boats are limited 115 MPH as a top speed. This speed may be
adjusted on a race by race basis depending upon conditions at each race site.

Its not about precedence, young patawan, its just not in the rulebook. In my brief couple of stints racing in C5, I noticed there was a ton of "unwritten rules". Dont get me wrong, most of the "unwritten rules" have a plethora of merit, however, they are "unwritten". Why dont you organize your class, send out a ballot for vote and request to the powers that be that they be instituted and applied to the rulebook to avoid any further complications. Once the powers that be review the requested additional rules, they can consult with their corporate attorneys and insurance underwriters, then they can be implemented. Its all so simple.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Yeah..me and the rest of C5 with very few exceptions would have to move up lol. We just kept up with the trend when we put the 650 in the Krypto. I get your point though...and I agree with half of it. We need a set of rules...real rules...that are written down and that are enforced! Dont mess with C5 now...just amend the rules so that the current competition level in the class is kept.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Yeah..me and the rest of C5 with very few exceptions would have to move up lol. We just kept up with the trend when we put the 650 in the Krypto. I get your point though...and I agree with half of it. We need a set of rules...real rules...that are written down and that are enforced! Dont mess with C5 now...just amend the rules so that the current competition level in the class is kept.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well the half you had better agree with is to get off these boards, organize your posse of C5 boats and get your proposal into Smitty ASAP. Once OC takes place and is in the books its hard to make amendments to the rulebook after the season has already started. This way everyone knows the guidelines and the "unwritten" aspect is gone. Your choice is to either be PRO-active or RE-active. Have fun
Old 05-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic

Just called Rob...he took a very reasonable cash offer to run your boat just hard enough to Not beat me
Old 05-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Registered

Just called Rob...he took a very reasonable cash offer to run your boat just hard enough to Not beat me
LMAO that guy will do anything AND I MEAN ANYTHING for a $$$

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.