2014 National points OPA

Notices

2014 National points OPA

Old 05-19-2014, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
If that's the case then Biloxi counted as a points race for the teams that went? I just want to get this straight. I was told one thing and now into the season it has changed. It cant work like this changing on the fly. What next ? Double points at some races to get people there? ALL this should be in stone at the beginning of the year IMO.
That is NOT the case, Biloxi was a DIVISION race and announced that way in the press release on April 2nd, NO POINTS were awarded towards the National standings. Just as LOTO was announced that it was a NATIONAL race in the Press release as well. If you go to the website, you will see that NO points were awarded for Biloxi, as well as the races that count towards the National Championship http://www.oparacing.org/standings.html

NOTHING about National points has been changed on the fly. April 30th the LOTO announcement was released, OPA has NOT released anything about being able to drop a race.

Don't know what to tell you Randy, need to talk with that person who told you differently.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:42 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
If that's the case then Biloxi counted as a points race for the teams that went? I just want to get this straight. I was told one thing and now into the season it has changed. It cant work like this changing on the fly. What next ? Double points at some races to get people there? ALL this should be in stone at the beginning of the year IMO.
I recall something be said about having to check in Friday at the first race at Hopkatanagin (or was that the 2nd race?) Once Gary and I read that we would miss a full Friday of work it changed our plans completely - unfortunately other issues arouse that eliminated us. But I do a agree with Randy, on the fly changes for teams drive 10-12hrs each way is not a good thing.

MANDATORY that all riding crew and non-riding crew members participating in the event to properly check-in and/or register at Race Registration on Friday, May 2nd ONLY. All paperwork MUST be signed in-person & submitted prior to Saturday morning physicals. No exceptions will be made for late registrants.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
I recall something be said about having to check in Friday at the first race at Hopkatanagin (or was that the 2nd race?) Once Gary and I read that we would miss a full Friday of work it changed our plans completely - unfortunately other issues arouse that eliminated us. But I do a agree with Randy, on the fly changes for teams drive 10-12hrs each way is not a good thing.
Yes it was. The post was made on March 28th for race weekend of May 2-4. (Title of thread was "Possible 2 days of Racing at the Lake Hopatcong Grand Prix"). And if you visited the website you would have seen in a yellow box with red writing

"PERMIT PENDING
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
RACING​​​
Schedule to reflect changes if approved​​"

So you would have received notification in reference to the Schedule changing to 2 days of racing. That email was NEVER sent, nor any other notification to state that the schedule had been changed. Did you ever reach out to any of the numbers on the website and ask any questions about a possible schedule change in Lake Hopatcong?

BTW, I also recall that there were posts and numerous emails sent out about getting registration paperwork in by April 11th, 2014. But I won't even go there.............

Bottom line ............ need to be happy that there are places to race and show up on a Friday to Race on what ever day(s) it is!

Also, the LOTO race is 2 days of racing. Everyone will be racing on BOTH Saturday & Sunday. Registration is ONLY on Friday which closes at 4pm!
Check the schedule http://www.oparacing.org/race_1.html

Last edited by Lucididee; 05-19-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ladies and gents, I would LOVE to tell you Everything you want to hear...but as I always tell you, Smitty's phone number is, work, 732-920-3945 or cell, 908-910-8025, call him, he will give you the correct answers. And Dee, thank you for all you do.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I for one am glad to see OPA picking up race sites. As we all know, they are hard to come by and harder to keep. It is in everyone's best interest to take advantage of sites that want us. Having said that, we won't be going to LOTO. It is too far, requiring too much time away from our business on such short notice. Drop points or not, we just can't do it. I know other teams are in similar situations as well. It is what it is.

Rich
Smith Brothers/CRC 611
Old 05-19-2014, 08:02 PM
Registered

Unfortunatly being from Tennessee, EVERY RACE is 10-12 hours away. LOTO being no different. Wish we had a race or two closer to us so we didn't have to travel so much all the time but there just isn't an option at this time. We look at the events and have to pick the ones we want to do and do what we can to make those events. At the end of the day we just have to remember what is a hobby and what is our career. Sometimes that line gets blurred.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:51 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,075 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by sbracing
I for one am glad to see OPA picking up race sites. As we all know, they are hard to come by and harder to keep. It is in everyone's best interest to take advantage of sites that want us. Having said that, we won't be going to LOTO. It is too far, requiring too much time away from our business on such short notice. Drop points or not, we just can't do it. I know other teams are in similar situations as well. It is what it is.

Rich
Smith Brothers/CRC 611
I agree with what Rich is saying here. We'd love to go, just can't pull it off, points race or not. That being said, I did think (Iv'e been wrong before) that I heard an OPA official say at Lake H when talking about LOTO that we would be allowed to drop one race. Seemed like the idea went over well at the time. Personally I'm all for it, especially with 90% of OPA teams being from NJ/NY and some races in Michigan and now LOTO. I can certainly see why some people aren't for it though. We will be at St. Clair this year, but its not going to be easy. Loto is a hikeeeeeee for us, and even flying in its still a 4 hour ride from the airport. I don't believe that being able to drop one race would totally diminish boat count at certain races, but I'm an optimist.
See everyone in AC!
Old 05-20-2014, 09:40 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Lucididee
Yes it was. The post was made on March 28th for race weekend of May 2-4. (Title of thread was "Possible 2 days of Racing at the Lake Hopatcong Grand Prix"). And if you visited the website you would have seen in a yellow box with red writing

"PERMIT PENDING
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
RACING​​​
Schedule to reflect changes if approved​​"

So you would have received notification in reference to the Schedule changing to 2 days of racing. That email was NEVER sent, nor any other notification to state that the schedule had been changed. Did you ever reach out to any of the numbers on the website and ask any questions about a possible schedule change in Lake Hopatcong?l[/url]

This in itself would be the problem, your bringing up something on a open forum, than never saying it's a go, or no go on said open forum.
And that is the uncertainty and doubt injected into the schedule.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:55 PM
VIP Member

Last year there were 4 teams that attended every race. Most of them mine, and Evil Ed. What difference does it make when you all pick and choose anyway. Next what I see is a single class getting together and forming an agreement for none to attend a particular event so no one gets an advantage. If I get wind of this, your entire class will loose all points for the year. For once will someone impress me, and say hey....whats best for the sport. Not just ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Getting rediculous.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Registered

hey...whats best for the sport. Not just ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty, just had to answer for ya.

See everyone in the Ozarks.........let's RACE.....

The Pirates......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.