Outerlimits Powerboats Cats Around Narragansett Bay

Notices

Outerlimits Powerboats Cats Around Narragansett Bay

Old 12-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outerlimits Powerboats Cats Around Narragansett Bay

OUTERLIMITS POWERBOATS CATS AROUND NARRAGANSETT BAY

The Outerlimits Catamaran proves that not all cats are quiet and stealthy. This new 50’ Outerlimits Cat was last seen roaring across Narragansett Bay at 160 mph, right on the rev limiter, warming up the waters just as the winter chill set in.

Mike Fiore was testing the Cat before putting it on the trailer for its paint job at The Art of Design in Elkhardt, Indiana. “The boat is awesome!” said Fiore, after running the cat for an afternoon, doing some initial testing with the Mercury Racing 1200’s and #6 drives. The engines, which run on racing fuel, purred like a wild cat and Fiore reported the handling of the boat was “perfect.”

“These Mercury engines are ideal for this Cat,” says Fiore, “We’ve been looking forward to getting this boat on the water and we definitely showed what it can do—everything we expected from it—smooth handling, even acceleration and pure, manageable speed! Now we’ll work with some additional props and X-dimensions and we’ll really get it dialed-in.” he added.

Though it is not quite boating weather where the cat is headed, after a long winter’s nap, it will be ready to hit the water next Spring with a new TAOD paint job, a new owner and a need to run those Mercury 1200’s. Who says cats can’t swim?
Old 12-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Not trying to start anything. AGAIN, NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING!!!!!

What is the difference between this and Golddigger? Pyburn's boat had those engines in it and seemed to just have gremlin after gremlin. Were you able to iron out the wrinkles with his boat and each one will get better and better?

Again, not trying to get anyhing started. I want to learn. I want to know.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Hey Dirk your always trying to start something. This boat I'm pretty sure has #6's on it Mr. Pyburn's is a shaft drive with a rudder. I was told that was a big differnce in set-up of the boat. Good to see your still around hope we get some water for next year. All Fired Up is looking to eat a certain DCB up (not trying to start anything).
Old 12-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by allfiredup
Hey Dirk your always trying to start something. This boat I'm pretty sure has #6's on it Mr. Pyburn's is a shaft drive with a rudder. I was told that was a big differnce in set-up of the boat. Good to see your still around hope we get some water for next year. All Fired Up is looking to eat a certain DCB up (not trying to start anything).
you still have the 1100's in that boat
Old 12-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Registered

The boat looks awesome on and off the water and very comfortable. In my opinion one of the best looking cats out there.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

They are running today!!! What a sight!! It looks liks it running well. I love being right down the street from them!! Keep up the good work Outerlimits!!
Old 12-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Registered

165 and climbing the bay isnt long enough
Old 12-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ssm-v1
165 and climbing the bay isnt long enough
dont leave her on her back in the parking lot next time, help her up. only after your done laughing though
Old 01-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered

I have been wondering what ever happened to the new MY WAY OL cat and if it was ever done and run. Was supposed to be super lite w/ turbines and was rumored to be running some big big #s.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP
Why is this always such a bad question. Nobody wants anything more than to see that awesome boat running like it should!! I asked a few months back and got my head handed to me for no reason...
For the record I was just giving the boys at Extreme some static. We are both on the same lake & Dirk has always been cool with me & my brother with his bikes. Has for GD I only have pieces of the story & will not comment other than it's always easy to draw anything on paper. Trust me I've been involved with the best in Nascar & have used every program sim tool known including 40% rolling road windtunnels & full scale rolling road windtunnels in Europe. Nothing will ever totally replace building the real car (or boat) & running at the track (or on water in this case). It's always easy to watch someone do something & piont out mistakes. It's alot differant when your in the middle of a project up to your neck trying to find answers. That's my .02

Quick Reply: Outerlimits Powerboats Cats Around Narragansett Bay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.