tomcei winter project >

tomcei winter project

Notices

tomcei winter project

Old 03-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 424 Likes on 188 Posts
Default Re: tomcei winter project

Tomcei you came a long way in a short time. I know what you went through on your ride home I had a 13 hour ride home from Indiana with my 28 but I was grining like a mule eating briers.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Re: tomcei winter project

Quote:
Let me tell you, On the way back home I basicly had the thing rebuilt in my mind. Over 15 hours of driving, 5 full tanks of gas back to back, and mega coffee. Well.. I was tripp'n

I know that feeling, Same thing happened during my 15 hour trip back with the boat. Funny thing about the trip was when I stopped at a truckstop for gas this trucker pulls up and says that I need to check the lights, for the last 100 miles every time you signal right you go left. someone had the turn signals reversed. Simple fix, better than a flat or bearing failure. Great job, I wish my project was that far along.

Last edited by IRONMAN; 03-22-2006 at 06:48 PM. Reason: add
Old 03-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a great job you're doing. Take it from someone who takes pride in his work like you evidently do, once you're done and people are standing there admiring the boat, it will be a wonderful feeling knowing that you did all or most of it yourself!!

I have a question about your exhaust locations, the tall deck is only 1/4" wider each side. Shouldn't there be enough flex in the exhaust hose to compensate for the slight set?

I'm getting ready to order CMIs for my boat and would hate to order a set of tails and then need another set later when I install my big motor next year.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Should be about 1/4" wider and higher. You could always go to 4.5 tips and redrill to get the centers right. I am using the teague switchable tips so there is almost no flex in the hose However the CMI tails can rotate a little so you should not have to move the port locations much if at all probably up a little. I plan on cutting my exhaust where they will work with either tall or std because as the tails rotate outward they also increase in height. That will be wicked with a blower on a tall deck if you go that route. You will love the CMI's Kirk. Good Luck.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Craney Tomcei you came a long way in a short time. I know what you went through on your ride home I had a 13 hour ride home from Indiana with my 28 but I was grining like a mule eating briers.
LOL, Now that's funny

Hey Chris I know the feeling of the wheel bearing. I bought my trailer new from Pantera. I met Jo at the Georgia /Fla state line at 1am. I crashed untill 330am and started my journey. I noticed the left rear inner seal slinging some grease when I went through DC. I was paranoid to the max. After the boat was loaded, I would pump a few squirts every time I filled up. I kept checking the hub for over heating but it was ok. Oh yea.... My spare hub and tire were left in Fla. Just a little anxious on the way home Man you couldn't have driven a nail up my butt

Kirk , I don't know all the details on the exhaust deal. It was pointed out to me that there are some different angles??
I wouldn't think it would be that big a deal but it might be. I know that exhaust hose is pretty tough. It wants to go where it 's pointed and not any where else if it's a short piece. There is about a 4" gap between the exhaust tip (inside the transum) and the down tube. It woud be difficult to flex it much I think.
Check out these pics and you can see the changes some one made at one time I have know idea what was up w/ that
Attached Thumbnails tomcei winter project-pc040015.jpg   tomcei winter project-pc040014.jpg   tomcei winter project-pc100002.jpg  

Old 03-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those must be the fancy slotted exhaust holes I've heard so much about....

I think I'll save the CMI's for my new motor and go to the larger tips and have the tails custom made to fit. I want it perfect.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Registered

I don't blame ya. Perfect is alway good with me.

PS: I think the slotted exhaust option was only available for a limmited time only. It tended to make them run too fast so they discontinued it
Old 03-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

And when you go to a mega tall deck 705 incher the slots get bigger and so do the grins.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Registered

got some more powder coat back
Attached Thumbnails tomcei winter project-p4010004.jpg   tomcei winter project-p4020005.jpg  
Old 04-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Registered

My feet went numb and my knees are shot out from days in the hole. Re-gelled the entire bilge, what a major pain.
I will paint next time. And the motor will be out for sure. I got cut and nicked by tie wrap ends and sharp corners it's unbelievable. I bet if I added them up it would be at least 6 or 7 stiches worth

I should finish it up by the end of this week, then it's time for the helm

Notice the intake....bead blasted it and cleared it .. And for all you detaled motor heads, there it clear tape over the intake to keep debri out
Attached Thumbnails tomcei winter project-p4010002.jpg   tomcei winter project-p4020006.jpg   tomcei winter project-p4020007.jpg  

Last edited by tomcei; 04-02-2006 at 08:34 PM.

Quick Reply: tomcei winter project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.