Pantera at SCOPE Poker Run >

Pantera at SCOPE Poker Run

Notices

Pantera at SCOPE Poker Run

Old 10-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pantera at SCOPE Poker Run

OK, finally got some pictures for you guys from last week's poker run.

We ran the long course that went Long Beach, Avalon, Newport, Los Alamitos, Long Beach. Around 100 miles. My buddy Hugh (former owner of the world famous Pink Flamingo Top Gun) ran the boat with me.

It was a perfect day and conditions were pretty glassy for the guys with the big HP who left in the first wave (it was a staggered start with boats with big power and over 35 feet in the first wave and under 35 feet and first timers in the second wave). The pacific did give us a nice 3' roll at times that was pretty well spaced out, but most of the bumps were coming from the prop wash of 100 boats, 1/4 of which were probably running Arnesons or number 6s.

We made it to the island in 26 minutes (including slowing down to check on a well known 40' Skater that broke) running the boat, roughly 30 miles, flat-out. We then ran flat out side by side with a 36 Baja about 3/4 of the way to Newport (another 30ish miles) before I discovered that I was low on fuel. So we eased off and headed into Newport to refuel (which is nearly an hour in and out). As we were heading in, Hugh turned to me and said, "Man, Pepe would be proud of this boat today, you ran the shet out of it and she ran flawlessly the whole way!"

So, I want to take a minute and once again thank the Nunez for building the best rough water 28 around. I had an awesome weekend and I owe it, in large part, to my bullet proof 28 Pantera! Thanks guys!

Here's some photos of us representing for the Pantera family in the big blue!
Attached Thumbnails Pantera at SCOPE Poker Run-_w2z8018.jpg   Pantera at SCOPE Poker Run-_w2z8023.jpg   Pantera at SCOPE Poker Run-scope%2520poker%2520run%25202007%2520001.jpg  

Old 10-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Registered

Here's a few more. Hugh ran the boat after Newport, so I'll let him pick up the story of the up hill run, if he's so inclined.
Attached Thumbnails Pantera at SCOPE Poker Run-_w2z8022.jpg   Pantera at SCOPE Poker Run-_w2z8021.jpg   Pantera at SCOPE Poker Run-_w2z8019.jpg  

Old 10-04-2007, 01:10 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

nice pics sean!
how those flip ups work?
Old 10-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Registered

They work suprisingly well. You just have to get down behind them, but I'm pretty pleased with them.

By the way, I forgot to add the link for all the photos from the run, in case you guys are interested.

http://www.scopeinfo.com/Photos/2007...-Poker-Run.htm
Old 10-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice shots! Just what your boat was built for!
Greg
Old 10-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Way to go Dude! Love those shots.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, sweet shots. nice looking boat too!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
nice pics sean!
how those flip ups work?
You were reading my mind and thats a tough thing to do sometimes. Might put a pair on this winter.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking good!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Registered

Thanks guys! I freaking love that boat! It's such a little bad ass! I'm really looking forward to my new Miami Boys HP. It's supposed to be ready to run in about two weeks. Can't wait!

I just sent the drive back to Imco (nice that they're local) to get it freshened up before we put the big bang in front of it.

And just to be clear on the flip ups. They definately work. To be honest, I didn't love the look of them initially, so if they didn't work, they wouldn't be up while the boat was running!

Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 10-04-2007 at 04:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Pantera at SCOPE Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.