Pantera at SCOPE Poker Run

Notices

Pantera at SCOPE Poker Run

Old 10-04-2007, 08:50 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Sean, dry all the way?
You need to take a video w/ a bluetooth mic hooked up to the transom!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know it brother! Someone was at the shop today and said "man that's going to be loud and obnoxious!" and my buddy who's doing the work replied "It will match the owner!"

I'm also getting a set of custom removable (or more accuately installable) donkey dongs made up, so I can do some family boating if I want.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen! What a wonderful weekend of high octane filled boating enthusiasts walking across the Pacific for the SCOPE Poker Run. Sean handled the long course trip out to Avalon with ease, considering we were being tossed by the wakes of the faster boats. We had 'er pinned from Queen's Gate to the 1st stop. Picked up a set of cards and off to Balboa with sticks forward. I noticed the motor stuttering off a few holes that we fell into. A quick glance of the fuel gauge and we dashed for the nearest fuel dock in Newport.

I took the helm North towards the LBC, giving Sean's palm a rest from the jerking of the stick. I blew past the card stop once the ocean started to pick up 'round Palos Verdes. We were hitting some good-sized rollers that threw the little Pantera in the air...1001...1002...1003...1004 hit and up again for more. It's a great feeling to be in "the zone" banging surf @ 60MPH and clearing the crests.

I leaned over to Sean after we had slowed and said "this l'il boat is a testament to what the Nunez family can produce. Here we are pounding the crap out of an 11 year old pleasure boat like it is a lightweight racer. Outstanding!"

Thanks for making such a memorable weekend! I am still kickin' myself for not following through on the Shogren boat.

Hugh
Attached Thumbnails Pantera at SCOPE Poker Run-scope-poker-run-2007-015.jpg  
Old 10-05-2007, 03:25 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Craney
You were reading my mind and thats a tough thing to do sometimes. Might put a pair on this winter.
They worked great if you were sitting down in the bolster. If you are standing, you are better off with them down.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:34 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Awesome pics Sean. Can't wait to see what she does with the new big power. The boat looks great and its in the water it was made for. Pantera makes one tough boat and that 525SC just won't quit.

So why is it everybody that buys a boat from me makes it go 15mph within a year?? My 24 Outlaw was a 65 mph boat when I sold it to Outlawcowgirl and she ran 79mph in the LOTO Shootout this year. I think I'm just going have to make the AT a lot faster so I don't have it happen again
Old 10-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Gold Member

Sean and Rick, thanks for the compliments...
Old 10-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Registered

Scott, you just take care of that AT like you took care of this Pantera and it will be so clean when you sell it that nobody's going to care how fast it is!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
That Pacific ocean water is awesome when you get 3 ft'rs at 12 seconds apart. You gotta get to Miami and have Joe take you for a ride in the Atlantic in gnarley white capped 4-5's and you'll have a whole new appriciation for your boat. What the heck am I doing in the Pantera section again
do urself a favor and dont listen to him about going for a ride with jo unless u are wearing a diaper. jo took me for a ride in my 36' 1 time in real 5 footers and i almost dookied in my pants. we were doing 81 82 mph on top of 5' waves and he still had throttle. i made him slow down. i couldn't take it lol when he slowwed down i was out of breath like i ran a relay race. he is 1 hell of a driver and the boat is a complete beast.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Registered

Yah, next time I come to Miami, I'm going to try to talk Jo into breaking out the F2 boat for a little show and tell!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
They worked great if you were sitting down in the bolster. If you are standing, you are better off with them down.
Seems like when I lock into the bolster to run hard, I'm actually lower in the seat than when I sit on the seat (check out the photos and where my arm and shoulder are). The seem to work pretty good. And it's funny, we always run with the passenger seat bolster up, so it's like half sitting half standing. Most of my buddies that find it comfortable are 6'2" or taller, but it works good. It lets you rest a little, but still allows you to use your legs to keep the shock out of your back.

Quick Reply: Pantera at SCOPE Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.