Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Rear Bench Seat, Anyone have an old one for sale?? >

Rear Bench Seat, Anyone have an old one for sale??

Notices

Rear Bench Seat, Anyone have an old one for sale??

Old 07-25-2008, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Bench Seat, Anyone have an old one for sale??

I need a rear seat for a Pantera 28, colors don't matter. Anyone have one laying around?
Old 07-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a complete setup for a 24 if you want to do some stretching... Not sure that would work to well though...
Old 07-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Registered

What do you mean "complete setup"? Can you post or email some pics? I have front bolsters, and a rear bench from 38 fountain. The fronts fit great, but the rear bench doesn't. and where are you located??
Old 07-26-2008, 04:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I remade all my seating with the help of a Chippie mate - wasnt to hard - the seat types changed over the years mine 24SE is made up of lots of peices as in the pic.

Base is made up of a base board with three seperate square seats and three fronts all bolted or screwed together. Back is made up of nine panels screwed together with 1/4 20UNC screws and prong nuts throughout. Centre peices are vinyl over foam and stapled to the base board.
Attached Thumbnails Rear Bench Seat, Anyone have an old one for sale??-dsc01409.jpg   Rear Bench Seat, Anyone have an old one for sale??-port-bolster-rear-back-seat-apr08-002.jpg   Rear Bench Seat, Anyone have an old one for sale??-port-bolster-rear-back-seat-apr08-020.jpg  

Old 07-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Panterafreak
What do you mean "complete setup"? Can you post or email some pics? I have front bolsters, and a rear bench from 38 fountain. The fronts fit great, but the rear bench doesn't. and where are you located??
I have a complete cockpit inerior for a 24 not a 28... I was just messing with you saying that you might could stretch the rear bench & make it wider.. 24's are a 7' beam (actually a bit less than that ) & a 28 is an 8' beam boat so it wouldn't work... However if you still want some pics. let me know... I am located in TN
Later , Scott
Old 07-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Registered

I didn't know what the beam was on a 24, The rear bench I have could be made to work. It does not have the curve at the top to match the pantera hatch . It does match my bolsters, but I was considering re-upholstering. Here is a pic from a while back. The boat is all tore apart. These seats are from a 38 fountain, Bought them from a guy on this board or Hotboat forums, cant remember now

Old 07-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Registered

Nicolasticity:

That might be what I try, I like the look of the seperate seats on a bench. Does not look too complicated, except the sewing part. I would have to have that done by a pro. Thanks for the idea.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Registered

Scott:

Btw, I did see a post a while back you made about some seats, I saw the pics and I think my eyes will heal pretty soon, LOL, those yellow seats are just about cool as S**t. Would look awesome in a mid seventies jetboat. You would have to pay a fortune to remake a set like those today! If you still have those and want to sell, you might post them up on Hotboat.com forums.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Panterafreak
Nicolasticity:

That might be what I try, I like the look of the seperate seats on a bench. Does not look too complicated, except the sewing part. I would have to have that done by a pro. Thanks for the idea.
The sewing part really isn't that difficult. I have a pretty good story of when I re-did my Baja.
A Saturday in the middle of winter, yanked all the interior, stopped at Sears and bought a sewing machine, stopped at the fabric store and bought a couple hundred $$$ of vinyl.
The ex-wife comes home to find me in the basement with a sewing machine sitting on top my table saw, a beer to my right, and a smoke hanging out of my mouth, and I was sewing.

I'm working on doing my Pantera now, just haven't had the energy lately to get anything done, and have been working 12-13 hr days almost 6 days a week.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
The ex-wife comes home to find me in the basement with a sewing machine sitting on top my table saw, a beer to my right, and a smoke hanging out of my mouth, and I was sewing.
That's a heck of an image