Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24 Pantera vs 24 Python

Old 09-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromaguire View Post
First off I didn't come into this thread saying my python could out perform any other boat. I only said, "I just bought a 24' Python which is the same hull as the pantera and its awesome. Its my first boat its great in rough water and hits 75mph with the 454. Lots of fun so far." Doesn't seem like I am implying my boat is better or worse than any other boats, just that I like mine and I am happy with it. Honestly you can come at me saying I put down your almighty pantera but I only defened myself when another member decided they felt it neccessary to point out that my boat is as good as a pantera.

I don't think a pantera would be any better for me either. I am just figuring out boating and clearly don't have the experience to notice what I would assume is just a more solid hull that the pantera provides would do for me. I didn't buy my boat for racing so weather or not it was built for that doesn't do anything for me because I won't be racing it.

Since you guys feel that the pantera is such a superior boat capable of things my Python couldn't do would someone educate me and point out a few things I would be able to accomplish in a 24' pantera that I couldn't do with my 24' python?

For your intentions of boating, and what you expect out of it - no difference between the two.

A Pantera has heritage, a pedigree if you will, that comes with it.
It has a History that goes back to Thunderboat row. (That's 188th St. in the late 70's early 80's)
Idle up to the docks with all the big guys in a Gun, or an Apache, or...whatever else is hanging out that day. In a Pantera, you'll get some respect.
Idle up in a Python, just not quite the same.

Not that any of this makes your Python a bad boat by any means
Old 09-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh dayum you're an instigator!

24 Python is a good boat.

24 Pantera is built like a brick chit house, has a proven track record in rough water, is rigged excellent and with good stuff(K-planes, MM steering, etc) and it's built like a brick chithouse.

Bromaguire, Pantera owners are very proud(maybe too proud?) so we can be a little touchy sometimes. Like buoyhunter stated there is history with our boats. The main reason I come to OSO is for the Pantera forum. I rarely browse the other sections.

Python makes a great boat and you should enjoy it!

Last edited by onesickpantera; 09-05-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Registered

For someone to say that a 24 Python is the exact same hull as a Pantera is wrong.

to say it can do everything a Pantera can do is incorrect.

to say you are 21 years old and this is your first boat and then expect people on this board to respect your opinion regarding the aforementioned statements is laughable

I am young too dude, I have my first boat too, I also dont know what I am talking about. The difference is that I dont pretend to or try to make statements unless I am SURE that I am correct because the guys on this forum know ALOT about offshore boats and in this area they all know Panteras. my post in the other thread was not trying to bash you, I was trying to help you. For you to get so bent out of shape and say we are 'coming at you' is not a good way to respond. Noone is attacking you. Trying to help you and teach you a bit of forum etiquette is the goal.

Lastly, saying that Panteras are not comparable to a rolex is a shot at all of the owners. I understand what you mean but that is a shot nonetheless.

Lets just say your boat is like a Corvette compared to a Z06. Looks similar, but very different animal when it is pushed to its limits with the right person driving.

Last edited by ar15meister; 09-05-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 57 Posts

you guys are gona beat him up so bad he won't come back
Old 09-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcei
Hey, I'm being nice!

ar15 is gonna scare him off!
Old 09-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ar15meister
For someone to say that a 24 Python is the exact same hull as a Pantera is wrong.

to say it can do everything a Pantera can do is incorrect.

to say you are 21 years old and this is your first boat and then expect people on this board to respect your opinion regarding the aforementioned statements is laughable

I am young too dude, I have my first boat too, I also dont know what I am talking about. The difference is that I dont pretend to or try to make statements unless I am SURE that I am correct because the guys on this forum know ALOT about offshore boats and in this area they all know Panteras. my post in the other thread was not trying to bash you, I was trying to help you. For you to get so bent out of shape and say we are 'coming at you' is not a good way to respond. Noone is attacking you. Trying to help you and teach you a bit of forum etiquette is the goal.

Lastly, saying that Panteras are not comparable to a rolex is a shot at all of the owners. I understand what you mean but that is a shot nonetheless.

Lets just say your boat is like a Corvette compared to a Z06. Looks similar, but very different animal when it is pushed to its limits with the right person driving.
Very well spoken.
I was also trying to come up with an analogy.
Best I could come up with is:
I recently bought a Chevy Avalanche for a haul vehicle, nice truck, but it's not an Escalade Caddy.
(HEH, but mines a 2500 - the Escalade only makes a 1500)
I don't think either one of us truly hit the point we're trying to make with him, but I'd be willing to bet that you understand what I'm trying to say.

Originally Posted by tomcei
I don't think so.
I just don't think he's grasping the knowledge that is available to him on this board.
I was afraid to even post a comment for the first year or two that I was here (and I've been here awhile) because I was overwhelmed by the knowledge that some of these guys have. I took the time to learn before making a fool of myself.
Now, I just take pleasure in making a fool of myself.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Registered

I think what everyone is trying to say here is that just because they come out of a very similar mold, they aren't necessarily built the same. Material quality, size and placement of stringers in the hull, fiberglass thickness, skill of the person putting it together, shape and type of deck, whether or not it has a full cockpit liner, and many other variables distinguish one brand of boat from another even though they look very similar. The final products can vary greatly in strength and handling based on what's inside, not just outside. What everybody here is saying is that Pantera has been around for a long time, and has made the 24 for a long time, and they are known for the quality of the inside and out. I really know nothing about the Python, so I can't comment on that.

I think we can all agree that Pantera makes the 2nd best 24x7 boat around
Old 09-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Elite Marine
Careful!
I was thinking the same thing - just to give him hell.

Kirk, I'll be calling you soon to work out some gauges. Work has made this summer a complete waste, and major set back in my project.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Registered

http://panteraboats.com/ownersgallery.html

Take a look throught the owners gallery, Res ipsa loquitur!!! almost named my boat that.

Didnt mean to ruffle the guy, just a lil warm up for life, corporatate america, lawyers, conference calls, paying women to leave.

lifes tough, wear a helmet

Quick Reply: 24 Pantera vs 24 Python

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.