24 Pantera vs 24 Python

Old 09-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 words..................

build quality!!!

or maybe...........

build consistency!!!

the Python is a great boat, but simply put, not built with the same pride as Pepe put into his 24, nuff said.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Never heard of a Pantera coming apart. Can't say the same for a Python.
However, under similar power they are fast due to their weight.
In average conditions a Python would be fine and as good as many other manufacturers.
It boils down to construction and many things that are not readily apparent on the surface. It's when you get out into extreme conditions that there really is a difference. It is an obvious difference in a very well constructed boat when things get rough.
If you want a boat built to handle race conditions. Pantera is one of the manufacturers that will do it with every boat they make.
Greg
Old 09-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elite Marine
Careful!
Oh cmon now! Just trying to ruffle a few feathers myself!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Pantera forum is like a hornets nest. You have to be very careful what you say!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OK, Here's my quick and dirty lithmus test of if a boat has "stones".
Did the boat ever come factory equipped with a full Life-line cable down the deck.
Mine did.
That is REAL offshore in my book.
It was there for a reason.
When I see pictures from the races "back-in-the-day" of two, somtimes all three guys laying on the deck just to get the boat on plane, because something broke, and they wanted to finish - no, WIN - the race...
That takes "Stones".
That is the difference between a Pantera and a python.
Are you starting to get it yet??
Old 09-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ar15meister
For someone to say that a 24 Python is the exact same hull as a Pantera is wrong.

to say it can do everything a Pantera can do is incorrect.

to say you are 21 years old and this is your first boat and then expect people on this board to respect your opinion regarding the aforementioned statements is laughable

I am young too dude, I have my first boat too, I also dont know what I am talking about. The difference is that I dont pretend to or try to make statements unless I am SURE that I am correct because the guys on this forum know ALOT about offshore boats and in this area they all know Panteras. my post in the other thread was not trying to bash you, I was trying to help you. For you to get so bent out of shape and say we are 'coming at you' is not a good way to respond. Noone is attacking you. Trying to help you and teach you a bit of forum etiquette is the goal.

Lastly, saying that Panteras are not comparable to a rolex is a shot at all of the owners. I understand what you mean but that is a shot nonetheless.

Lets just say your boat is like a Corvette compared to a Z06. Looks similar, but very different animal when it is pushed to its limits with the right person driving.
Why don't you back off bud. It was one of your fellow members that took a stab at me. My first comment in the other thread only said that I like my new boat and that he should get a Pantera. Then one of your members felt it necessary to tell me my boat wasn't as good as a pantera. But if its not as good as a pantera and I like mine then the guy who was looking for a pantera would probably be even happier with one.

I don't think my age has any thing to do with others respecting me. I didn't come in here looking to start problems, I came to learn a few things about some fast boats.

Last edited by Bromaguire; 09-05-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Registered

Age is a factor...thats why ya start in the mail room and drive the hot rodded hondas while the big boys have the corner office with the german cars. No disrespect you got a great boat for your first one way ahead of most guys.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dono77056
Age is a factor...thats why ya start in the mail room and drive the hot rodded hondas while the big boys have the corner office with the german cars. No disrespect you got a great boat for your first one way ahead of most guys.
Or maybe I sit in a coner office already and drive a Denali and a modded BMW M3. I've work my @ss off to earn what I have made so far and I work in a field where I hold a higher ranking postion then men older than my own father. Just because I am 21 doesn't mean that I am dumb or should be treated any differently.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:14 AM
Registered

One word Respect, It's got to be earned. Not doing a bang up job of it so far. From the above statement you may think you hold a higher rank than people older than your father but I guarantee with the attitude your looked down upon. Been there done that fun to throw the little f**kers under the bus when the times right. - Bottom line this is a boating forum for a brand not a pissing and moaning match because Mary's generic Barbie doll is just as good a real one. Enjoy your boat, be safe and have fun.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:49 AM
GB
Registered

I think we can all agree that Pantera makes the 2nd best 24x7 boat around [/QUOTE]

Got a chuckle from that one!

Quick Reply: 24 Pantera vs 24 Python

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.