Twin or single in a 28FT. >

Twin or single in a 28FT.

Notices

Twin or single in a 28FT.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
Now Pre TS's what years we talking. what cought my eye was the i think 02 all white pantera with twins on the hoist in the for sale section.

i really cant tell on speeds never done a whole lot of boat on a big boat. ya 85 would be nice but.... dont want to freak out the girls. I know it takes money to be one of the fastest but you will never be the fastest there is allways someone faster.

so seeds 65 + i want to be able to hang with the biger boys.

My father saw that boat in person. PM me if you are serious about it. We thought about that one as well. I think I have pictures and I definately did alot of research on that boat and I know alot about it now. I made an offer on that boat which was rejected. It is a great looking boat especially with the scoops on the hatch.....

As far as the Apache, I love Apaches and test drove one and looked at 3 before I bought my Pantera. Iif you have the coin, buy a newer model single engine Pantera with some good power. I know the Apache you are speaking of and I dont think that is the right boat for what you want. But if you have a hardon for it I would do a leakdown test on those motors before I even made a deposit and have a thorough survey as well as making sure the title was in order. I inquired about that boat and there was not alot of info about the motors available. Ask Tex and Apache Brave about getting sweet deals on Brave's and then having a motor let go. With one motor you might still be ok (financially) but with two you are kinda phucked. Both those guys have had a helluva unlucky time with motors (Bill just bought some I think) and I have felt very bad for them.

As far as power, when I was buying my boat, I was given a piece of advice by a world champion offshore racer who happens to be a client of mine. This guy has been over 200mph in a boat so I trust him. He told me to BUY AS MUCH POWER AS YOU CAN POSSIBLY AFFORD.

You can have 700hp and still be reliable if you buy a good engine.

I am not an expert by any means but your situation seems very similar to mine and I thought I would offer some friendly help and advice.

Cheers,

Adam

BTW--Freaking out girls is fun just so long as you are safe

Last edited by ar15meister; 09-09-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
ar, btw, i'd build a new one before buying a used one for 70.
that lifetime warranty don't count if your not #1!
Plus new new new, better than someone elses ________.
I agree if you have the coin! But new costs ALOT more and depreciates like a rock the first 2-3 years. I always let the guys with more money buy new.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
ar, btw, i'd build a new one before buying a used one for 70.
that lifetime warranty don't count if your not #1!
Plus new new new, better than someone elses ________.

And you can fill that blank with what you want, like 'new'.
we all know the tale of what can happen w/ dyno time stuff...
Nice to have a manufacturer to back the equipment.
But we all have our price....

wtf do i know... i dont even own one.
Well that one had a #3 drive on it and a blower motor that made over 800hp if I remember correctly. Cool paint and the cool interior.

70k asking would sound good to me if it all checked out and you could afford it.

when I bought mine I looked at the hardware, race heritage, year and the fact that Pantera rigged and built it for themselves to go racing and win a world championship. I tried to buy the best boat with the most power I could afford. I probably overpaid a bit but phuck it I wanted THAT boat. The fact that it was sitting on a sick MYCO made it even nicer. And it is basically one of a kind.

I dont know much but I sure do like spending someone elses money!! (bad combo....)
Old 09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered

I like the way my 28 runs with the single. Probably the best handling boat I've been in. I like the fact that I only have one motor to blow up ( )... Email me at PAI_Racing"at" hotmail.com if you want to hear more. I'm thinking I'll probably sell mine (dying to get back into the race car and not time for the boat) and probably in the range you're talking about.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by ar15meister
Ask Tex and Apache Brave about getting sweet deals on Brave's and then having a motor let go. With one motor you might still be ok (financially) but with two you are kinda phucked. Both those guys have had a helluva unlucky time with motors (Bill just bought some I think) and I have felt very bad for them.
My motor problems aren't quite as bad as Dude Sweet......and he's got the single engine. I fell worse for him because he has year around boating weather. Mine was due to a bad rebuild and I'll be back next season. They are stock engines though, so I could replace both for what you'll pay for a new merc blue engine or the like. I wanted twin small blocks for the cheaper cost of replacement. I could just about replace two 6.2's for what a new 496 cost, but the apache is too heavy for small blocks.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 09-09-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Registered

Andy, that cracked me up! I am my motor problem! That boat ran great with the stock 525SC in it. I'm just a monkey and wanted more...
Old 09-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
That boat ran great with the stock 525SC in it. I'm just a monkey and wanted more...

I feel your madness
Old 09-09-2008, 09:03 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Ar and OSP, you guys bought great boats from well respected OSO members. So did DS, but he had to go monkey around.
Tomcei on the otherhand bought a project imo, and he knows my opinion.
I've priced out new, the way i'd want it. And it is fairly reasonable.
I'd save on the $15k paint job, cuz i want a white boat. Thats a big $.
I personally don't want the 800hp blower motor, i'm not a mechanic.
If i could afford the mechanic to keep my 800 going, i'd probably be able to get twins in a new 35cutdown pantera.
I'd just like something reliable that can cruise at 60.

BTW, a nice konrad would be able to do what a #3 can do... if someone can figure how to rig a konrad on a 28.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:36 AM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 57 Posts

Hey Storm, It wouldn't mater if I bought new used or whatever, It would always be a project.
I can't leave anything alone for long. Hopefully the boat parts is complete,... the mtr on the other hand, stay tuned
Old 09-10-2008, 08:09 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Tom... you have done an awsome/incredible job on your boat.
I'm glad YOU bought it, and brought it back as it deserves to be!

Quick Reply: Twin or single in a 28FT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.