Twin or single in a 28FT. >

Twin or single in a 28FT.

Notices

Twin or single in a 28FT.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Twin or single in a 28FT.

so i been out keeping an eye out for a 28ft pantera. i see twins and singles motors people are running. any difference in the hulls or are they just rigged with two from the factory.

Nothing beats the sound of twins but. power to weight what boat is faster and more stable?

Any other info is welcome. Thanks Kyle.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boats are best balanced with the single.

Stringers are different in the twin boats. I thought about twin scorpions in 2000 when I had mine built and I see someone finally did a similar project.

But if I were to own one again I'd go with the single. boats with twins will be faster than a single but does the extra speed outweigh the expense and maintenance of an extra motor, only your check book knows!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Registered

I was thinking for trying to find a single just for the fact of only one motor to take care of.

Is the twin engine boats beam any biger?

Last edited by slpcamaross97; 09-09-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
I was thinking for trying to find a single just for the fact of only one motor to take care of.

Is the twin engine boats beam any biger?
no
Old 09-09-2008, 10:30 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Same hull.
I'd like twin sbc's.
depends on where you are boating.
Inland lakes where help is always nearby, a single is fine too.
BUT, if you throw in a BIG single, maintainence goes up, and the cost of the proper drive to handle that HP goes along w/ it.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Registered

Im would say main boating would be on Lake st. Clair and maybe a few trips to Torch lake Mi. a year. then allong with a putin bay run here or their but really no big water. So maybe the great lakes and anything big enough for a 28ft in MI.

Im guessing my power of choice would something along a stock 502 maybe 525hp. Im not one to put a blower or anything on a boat and have a superboat. but want something with rumble that will move out, but not brake every time you get on it. Stock power im guessing is what im looking for or a little more than stock but dont want some major custom motor.

Oh if i was running a single i would be the only boat unless i hook up with somone else since none of my friends have boats and my Uncle never drive his Cig. and Dad said his boat will never see water again unless someone else owns it.

that what im looking for in a boat.
Any idea..

Last edited by slpcamaross97; 09-09-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:55 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

yep, you got a budget?
no comissions, but trying to make match!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I'd go with twins, especially if you want stock power. I'm biased though. Also look into 28 apache & saber. Gas is about the same in a 28 twin vs single. I've even heard others say the twin gets better than the single. My 28 with twin 454's gets about the same as my 24 did with a single 502.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Single all the way.

Ask all of the guys who sat all summer cause they had gremlins or had '1' motor go and they have to save up for a new set......

If my motor went I could dump 10k into it and be boating in a month. If my drive went I could bolt on a sparestock bravo get going while my IMCO is getting fixed.

All in all a single engine is the way to go. It gives you wiggle room and extra cash to deal with things breaking which is a very real concern in this sport from what I have learned

I spoke with JO this week and he thnks with a few minor changes to prop and trim I can get 86mph out of mine with a single engine that makes 710HP. My engine has been very reliable so far this summer (knock on wood).

The boat to buy would be the one with the Panther paint job on the side and the blower motor that was for sale for 75k a while ago. It had a center steer 3 man front bolster with a rear bench....sick....

That thing gave me a serious woody..
Old 09-09-2008, 01:53 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ar15meister
Single all the way.

Ask all of the guys who sat all summer cause they had gremlins or had '1' motor go and they have to save up for a new set......

If my motor went I could dump 10k into it and be boating in a month. If my drive went I could bolt on a sparestock bravo get going while my IMCO is getting fixed.

All in all a single engine is the way to go. It gives you wiggle room and extra cash to deal with things breaking which is a very real concern in this sport from what I have learned

I spoke with JO this week and he thnks with a few minor changes to prop and trim I can get 86mph out of mine with a single engine that makes 710HP. My engine has been very reliable so far this summer (knock on wood).

The boat to buy would be the one with the Panther paint job on the side and the blower motor that was for sale for 75k a while ago. It had a center steer 3 man front bolster with a rear bench....sick....

That thing gave me a serious woody..
It was for sale 2yrs ago for 55.

Quick Reply: Twin or single in a 28FT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.