Notices

Twin or single in a 28FT.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
Great Info guys keep it comming.

Now someone metioned that you would have to be good with the sticks if i was running a single or i might blow the drive out of it. Any detail on this dont most boat come with a over rev protection.

also. if i found a twin, i would like it to be a sbc. setup. Still looking for more info. thanks.

You don't have to be any better on the sticks running a single vs a twin set up.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I haven't heard of a Pantera hull ever failing, so its really not an issue. You better double that 70k if you want to build a new one.
True that.

IM not looking for new. Im not that big of a baller like some people. just a 22 year old. who works really hard for what I got. and will have. Im not going to pay as much for a new boat is a house. at least not right now.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Registered

You don't have to be any better on the sticks running a single vs a twin set up.

Thats what i figured. It was explained y u need to back off if it gets out of the water. i was thinking over rev. the motor but not the over load of stress on the drivers going from not pushing anything to back in the water and pushing the boat. makes all the sensce in the world.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I respectfully disagree to a certain extent.

When you're putting 700hp through a single Bravo it won't be as "forgiving" as 425hp through each drive on twins.

In other words a minor slip up may do no damage with twins but may go kaboom with a high hp single.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
I respectfully disagree to a certain extent.

When you're putting 700hp through a single Bravo it won't be as "forgiving" as 425hp through each drive on twins.

In other words a minor slip up may do no damage with twins but may go kaboom with a high hp single.
sounds like all of you guys are running in some big water. or are the boats easy to get out of the water?
Old 09-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pacific Ocean... The boats are heavy and sticky. They need big bumps or big speed to fly them (or a combo of boat). Awesome boat. Rides like a Caddy. You've got to get one of your MI guys to give you a ride out on the Lake!
Old 09-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Pacific Ocean... The boats are heavy and sticky. They need big bumps or big speed to fly them (or a combo of boat). Awesome boat. Rides like a Caddy. You've got to get one of your MI guys to give you a ride out on the Lake!
I do need a ride I should go looking for a MI guy with one.

Anyone know anyone In mi with a 28 pantera?

Last edited by slpcamaross97; 09-10-2008 at 03:03 PM. Reason: More info
Old 09-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Andy, that cracked me up! I am my motor problem! That boat ran great with the stock 525SC in it. I'm just a monkey and wanted more...
Just got another update on my engines. I'll retract my previous statement since I will have to repower Phucking aluminum heads............ Oh well atleast they looked good.....lesson learned.

And if I save my pennies like a good little boy I'll be on the water by 2010

Get stock power........with no upgrades.

Also don't make the same mistake of thinking just because you buy a boat from an OSO member that its going to be in good shape - I did and I got 10 hours before she gave.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 09-10-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang dude! That sucks!!

By the way, what are you doing messing around with the boat 5 days before Sept. 15th?! Get to work man!
Old 09-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
I do need a ride I should go looking for a MI guy with one.

Anyone know anyone In mi with a 28 pantera?
There's a member from Michigan that uses the screen name "OPA" (if I remember right) that has a 28 with twin HP500s and a 3 man bolster.

Quick Reply: Twin or single in a 28FT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.