Bought a 24 pantera...i think.

Notices

Bought a 24 pantera...i think.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Kris,

I received your PM and files have been sent
Looking forward to seeing your boat finished.
It's gonna be a nice one!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I tore into the motor last week. Sent the crank out to be ground and polished. Just got it back saturday. Ordered engine bearings and pistion rings. Sent the heads out to get a valve job, etc. Gonna do a light hone and throw it back together.

I had the girlfriend start removing the decals and pinstripe. While she was doing so the paint was comming off with the damn decals. Sooo, I said screw it and yanked it off the trailer and starting removing the bottom paint, taking the hardware off and painting the whole thing! totally not what i wanted to do. But oh well. I decided to go all white, top to bottom. Using awlgrip color snow white. And going with the black pantera oval with the green eyes out back on either side. Should be a fun little project!

Got most of the bottom paint off today, I have some chips to fill tomorrow and will be ready for epoxy primer.

here's a few pics:

Old 08-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Registered

Im at the point to start filling holes around the boat. I think im getting rid of the eyes on the bow and just doing two pop up cleats up front towards the bow. Do I keep the bow rails on or fill the holes?

Old 08-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Registered

Whats the best way to fix the hump in the deck on the starboard side of the hatch. It looks like water got between the core. Cut it from underneith and replace the wood? I dont want a wavy deck.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Registered

No one??
Old 09-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Cut it from the top ! Measure the depth of what you have now , do not cut all the way through . You'll need the inner layer of glass to act as a shelf . You can use plywood again but I would use Divinycell foam board ...after you pre fit it apply two layers of 1.5 oz matt and drop it in matt side down . You can apply the matt on the top and blend it in and the best part is , you don't have to cut and glass in your cabin over your head . . . Almost forgot take a piece of plywood with a garbage bag on it a little larger then the area your filling and prop rod it under the hole . After the glass has dried remove it , the plastic bag wont stick to the resin and it should leave a nice slick finish in your cabin roof .
Old 09-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Registered

I like the rails
Old 09-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered

Well havent had much time to work on the boat. But we stripped another boat we had in the yard to junk it. And found some bucket seats that im going to use. I stripped the old vinyl off and the foam was a little damp. Going to let them sit inside and dry out, then have them recovered.

Also cut the floor out due to flexing. Around the old bolster seat holes was rotted aswell. I cut the layer of glass off and started tearing the old plywood out. I've never actually seen a floor done like this before, i always see a single piece of plywood layed down instead of the little squares. Why exactly do they use squares?

And just a pic before i cut the deck out.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I saw this boat in the yard where I bought a trailer for my 1980 24. I keeped my rails but moved them to the out side.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by krisx125
Well havent had much time to work on the boat. But we stripped another boat we had in the yard to junk it. And found some bucket seats that im going to use. I stripped the old vinyl off and the foam was a little damp. Going to let them sit inside and dry out, then have them recovered.

Also cut the floor out due to flexing. Around the old bolster seat holes was rotted aswell. I cut the layer of glass off and started tearing the old plywood out. I've never actually seen a floor done like this before, i always see a single piece of plywood layed down instead of the little squares. Why exactly do they use squares?

And just a pic before i cut the deck out.
that was the floor in that boat ? looks like somebody had a lot of plywood scraps to get rid of. jeez , i wonder why it flexed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.