Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Desert Storm 2008 Vids and Pics >

Desert Storm 2008 Vids and Pics

Notices

Desert Storm 2008 Vids and Pics

Old 04-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

way to long...!didnt read it. But your boat looked great! We had a blast as a matter a fact im home still hungover! Did I hear right maybe a drive failure? Hope not.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
Heh Sissy - yes -we have that one tenatively on our schedule.

As long as things are in working order....I am planning on coming to the SWAMP run this year...

Chuck has spoken highly of the Swamp Run and also encouraged me to attend.

Hopefully we will see you there...
Sounds good!! Sorry to hear about the drive issues have a great summer on the water.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
35. I land in Chicago only to get a message from Chris Hamlin from Prestige Marine. Says he needs to talk to me. I know it’s not good news. He tells me that on his way to take out the boat he sheers the starboard propshaft, and lost the prop (obviously) – and that he recommends replacing the port side propshaft too as the vibrations may have caused issues there…I call Eliminator (Jake) and my dealer, as I obviously don’t think I am liable for this breakage. I have a full one year warranty – and I am already not happy that I paid out of my pocket for 2 new props 3 days prior because we threw a blade on Thursday. So now, Elim, Prestige and my dealer in discussions to decide who should cover this…I am hoping in true Eliminator form, this gets fixed and my boat is here in NY ready to be in the water next week….but we’ll see.

Just got the word - in true Eliminator fashion they are handling the drive issues. This is why I continue to buy Eliminators, I love their product and have been very pleased with the service I have received from their dealer network and the manufacturer - Hope to have my boat in the water here in NY next week. C'mon warm weather!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by B BOATER
way to long...!didnt read it. But your boat looked great! We had a blast as a matter a fact im home still hungover! Did I hear right maybe a drive failure? Hope not.
:-) - I warned you at the front of my post it was going to be long...don't blame you for bailing.

Yup - I was on a plane on my way home and while Prestige Marine was taking my boat out of the water they sheered the prop shaft on the starboard side.

Fortunately Eliminator is handling it under warranty...
Old 04-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Registered

That's pretty cool to hear about your experiences there. We spoke for a bit in line before the registration and the drivers meeting and I mentioned Memorial Weekend as being crazy. Well, in all my years coming hear I have to say that I spoke to soon. This was just crazy in a much different way. There were probably more boats than I have ever seen on the lake at one time Saturday afternoon. Not as many people over all, but definitely more boats. I will say that the many holiday weekends I spent here in my youth prepared me well. Didn't have any mishaps or near mishaps, but that just comes from knowing what to avoid. Hope to see you out there next year.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:22 AM
Registered

AJ I brought you your girl firend but you never came by my boat (the one on the left)
Old 04-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FOXMXPSYCHO
AJ I brought you your girl firend but you never came by my boat (the one on the left)
OK...now you're killing me.....

That hurts!!!!

Did you run on the Poker Run?

Where were you guys all weekend?
Old 04-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by irepo
That's pretty cool to hear about your experiences there. We spoke for a bit in line before the registration and the drivers meeting and I mentioned Memorial Weekend as being crazy. Well, in all my years coming hear I have to say that I spoke to soon. This was just crazy in a much different way. There were probably more boats than I have ever seen on the lake at one time Saturday afternoon. Not as many people over all, but definitely more boats. I will say that the many holiday weekends I spent here in my youth prepared me well. Didn't have any mishaps or near mishaps, but that just comes from knowing what to avoid. Hope to see you out there next year.
I do remember meeting you. Was cool to talk to so many Elim owners....unfortunatley I am the only one in Rochester NY..hopefully the new rig will get enough attention that others will begin to buy Elims out here...

After maneuvering through the traffic on Sat - I needed 4-5 shots to chill. I have never seen anything like that. I was able to enjoy much more once I got beached on the channel and was a spectator...
Old 04-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FOXMXPSYCHO
I've got a nice pic of your boat at castaic from about a month ago. Let me know if you want me to email it to you.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Registered

Here's some pics for ya.... Left at 11:30am pst.

Chris and his team at Prestige are top notch!

Have a great summer with your new toy.

Todd

Quick Reply: Desert Storm 2008 Vids and Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.