Lake Cumberland Poker Run 2010

Notices

Lake Cumberland Poker Run 2010

Old 02-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevewy
I'm definitely coming this year. Have already put the deposit down on a houseboat from Conley's Bottoms. Myself and 4 buddies are pulling my 28 PQ and planning on staying at Harmon Creek. Hopefully, early Friday we will be able to get the houseboat and find a good spot at Harmon.

The big question for us will be what to do Saturday night. I would like to go to the State Dock party, but I'm not sure how we will be able to get back to Harmon Creek (don't want to drive the boat at night), but don't have a place to stay at State. Oh well, may have to be an all-nighter!
Come to the party at State Dock Saturday night...You don't want to miss it!!! Just pass out on your boat for a few hrs and then head back to Harmon Sunday am. Water patrol stops everyone going out from State Dock on Friday and Saturday nights and they will arrest you.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lake Rat
Come to the party at State Dock Saturday night...You don't want to miss it!!! Just pass out on your boat for a few hrs and then head back to Harmon Sunday am. Water patrol stops everyone going out from State Dock on Friday and Saturday nights and they will arrest you.
Im not saying that they wont be there but last year i left state dock around 11pm and never saw any water patrol. Im sure if you are not doing anything wrong they will leave you alone.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Registered

I've heard conflicting reports on the distance between State Dock and Harmon Creek. How far apart are they? And, if far are there gas docks in between?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Registered

After the party Saturday night, I had trouble walking to my bed..... and I never left the house boat.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by stevewy
I've heard conflicting reports on the distance between State Dock and Harmon Creek. How far apart are they? And, if far are there gas docks in between?
There is not more than 5 miles between them.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Yes, they are not far apart at all, what maybe 5 minutes. We are going, we have our name on the list for a boattell. We are 2nd on the list, sure hope they call. You ready Steve?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Fountain Family
Im not saying that they wont be there but last year i left state dock around 11pm and never saw any water patrol. Im sure if you are not doing anything wrong they will leave you alone.
Yes and no. They did seem to be a little more lenient last year, but, the year before they were stopping everyone and I knew several that got arrested. If you are gonna leave I STRONGLY recommend having a sober driver! It's not gonna ruin my weekend if you get arrested, but it will yours.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Carguy08
After the party Saturday night, I had trouble walking to my bed..... and I never left the house boat.
I think that had something to do with the Jager Bus being parked on the front of your houseboat.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Registered

We were there last year for the 1st time, and like many others will not miss it again... We have a houseboat rented already from Griderhill..
Old 03-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Registered

What are the cabins that are mentioned like? How far from the party and will the party Sat night be at State Dock. Do I need to reserve docking or is that included in the poker run for State Dock. Thanks all....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.