Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Lake Cumerland Poker Run 2014 >

Lake Cumerland Poker Run 2014

Notices

Lake Cumerland Poker Run 2014

Old 08-23-2014, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Scratch that - we'll be riding with someone this year. Just found the limitations of the stock 575sci head gaskets!!

Still planning to arrive on Thursday, but likely Thursday early evening.

Originally Posted by easyrider1340
We're arriving around noon on Thursday, so count us in for a lunch run.

My email is easyrider1340 (at) gmail
Old 08-23-2014, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Scratch that - we'll be riding with someone this year. Just found the limitations of the stock 575sci head gaskets!!

Sorry to hear that. We will be arriving thurs afternoon sometime.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

That sucks, sorry to hear. Did this turn out to be your water temp problem?
Old 08-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

big that is just it the offical start time is at 12 noon on fri. but runs til 6 pm on sat. evening so i understand so really i cant see many spectators hanging out to watch but i am sure the party will still be a blast
Old 08-26-2014, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife and I are planning on coming up Friday evening. Called State Dock to get a slip for the weekend, but of course they don't have any and I'm wait listed. Is there any other marina close by that will have a slip? I was hoping not to have to drive the boat at night across a lake I'm not familar with.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Enter the poker run, and you will get a spot on the dock and 2 armbands for the dock party. You don't have to make the run if you don't want to. We did this last year, as it was our first time to visit Cumberland. The party at Harmon Creek is pretty good, but the after party at the dock is better in my opinion. You get to see all the fast boats up close while drinking a beer!

Originally Posted by racinfast002
My wife and I are planning on coming up Friday evening. Called State Dock to get a slip for the weekend, but of course they don't have any and I'm wait listed. Is there any other marina close by that will have a slip? I was hoping not to have to drive the boat at night across a lake I'm not familar with.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:33 PM
Registered

Enter the poker run, and you will get a spot on the dock and 2 armbands for the dock party. You don't have to make the run if you don't want to. We did this last year, as it was our first time to visit Cumberland. The party at Harmon Creek is pretty good, but the after party at the dock is better in my opinion. You get to see all the fast boats up close while drinking a beer!
Trying to keep it on the cheap this go around. This was a last minute thing for us so I didn't save funds for a full out vacation.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:19 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Keep checking with SD daily if not twice a day. I've always reserved a slip in the spring and then also put my name on a covered slip request. (They don't rent out covered till the week before). SD called yesterday asking if I still wanted to upgrade. I declined since we decided not to go now, so the uncovered slips will start freeing up as people upgrade. Several yrs ago we were able to get an uncovered reserved as we were heading down. If all else fails, just tie up along the walkway. Done that also. They've never said anything during the PR weekend about that.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 08-26-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Keep checking with SD daily if not twice a day. I've always reserved a slip in the spring and then also put my name on a covered slip request. (They don't rent out covered till the week before). SD called yesterday asking if I still wanted to upgrade. I declined since we decided not to go now, so the uncovered slips will start freeing up as people upgrade. Several yrs ago we were able to get an uncovered reserved as we were heading down. If all else fails, just tie up along the walkway. Done that also. They've never said anything during the PR weekend about that.
were staying on the boat, so I'd imagine they wouldn't be happy about it. I don't need shore power or anything like that, so if they would rent me a walkway "slip" I'd even entertain that. I'll keep checking with them.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Racinfast, they are probably all booked up too, but Google and call Jamestown. They are swimming distance across from State Dock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.